Buying a New Camera

amandajw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm basically wondering which is better, I know people ask this all the time, and i know one brand isn't neccessarily better.
Basically, im looking to spend about 600-700$, and I want to be able to "time lapse" them by slowing shutter speed...is it better to buy a digital or not for that?
I want to make effects by modifying shutter speed and using the camera light, instead of modifing and making it artificially.
Any help for what camera to buy?

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure what you mean by
I want to be able to "time lapse" them by slowing shutter speed
I want to make effects by modifying shutter speed and using the camera light
By camera light, do you mean the flash?

Can you point us to an example of what you mean?

If you are trying to do, what I think you are trying to do...you can do it with either film or digital...but the big advantage of digital is that you can see what you shot right away...and know if you are getting what you want.

Have a look at the Canon Rebel XTi, the Nikon D40, the Pentax K1000D and the Sony A100.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure what you mean by

By camera light, do you mean the flash?

Can you point us to an example of what you mean?

If you are trying to do, what I think you are trying to do...you can do it with either film or digital...but the big advantage of digital is that you can see what you shot right away...and know if you are getting what you want.

Have a look at the Canon Rebel XTi, the Nikon D40, the Pentax K1000D and the Sony A100.

Thats the K100D, unless they have finally digitized the classic. :lol:

Thanks, ill look at them.
(Yea I don't half know what I meant either to be honest. I was asking someone about the pictures they had taken and they were trying to explain it, something about slowing shutter speed to 40 seconds...does that mean overlapping pictures? because light travels no slower except through different mediums, only explination I can think is overlapping photos taken ever few seconds?)

Well,one possibility is that shutter of the camera was actually open for 40 seconds. This would allow them to take pictures in lower light...such as , stars and other night scenes. A tripod would be needed for something like that, but I don't think only a certain type of camera would do that. My camera will at least allow me to take a 30 second exposure or hold the shutter open for as long as I want...I hope this is helpful...

Most reactions

Back