Buying a new monitor

Box801

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a new 22-24 inch monitor for editing my photos. The budget is under 300 dollars, preferably closer to 200 but I can be somewhat flexible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited:
Congrats. :thumbup: Happy shopping.
How does this help him? If by your sarcasm you meant to say "You will never find a 24 inch monitor for that price" then you are wrong. With a quick search, I found plenty of monitors under $250 that are 24''.

If you were being sincere and actually meant "Have an enjoyable time while shopping for monitors" then you can forget what I said.

Box81, take a look at this http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&safe=off&q=24%20inch%20monitor&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf
Note: This was a 5 second search. I'm certain that if you put more time into it, you could find many more options.

How does this help him? If by your sarcasm you meant to say "You will never find a 24 inch monitor for that price" then you are wrong. With a quick search, I found plenty of monitors under $250 that are 24''.

If you were being sincere and actually meant "Have an enjoyable time while shopping for monitors" then you can forget what I said.

Box81, take a look at this 24 inch monitor - Google Product Search
Note: This was a 5 second search. I'm certain that if you put more time into it, you could find many more options.

I understand that was a 5 second search but I'm looking for opinions. The best opinions are from people who first handedly use the product.

Well you can use Amazon and they usually have a lot of people who actually own the product and review it. I have a Samsung 26 T260 HD monitor which i think is very good. I would suggest the 24' Samsung P2450H. It's 230$ which is around your price range and it might even be more crispier and sharper than mine because of the 50,000:1 ratio and yours is a dedicated monitor. You can't go wrong with Samsung when it comes to TV and monitor IMO.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-P2450H-24-Inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B003ARSZ1G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1283140576&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: Samsung P2450H 24-Inch Widescreen Touch of Color LCD Monitor - Rose Black: Electronics[/ame]

I'm extremely happy with my Samsung 24" (2443bw). I've since got a HueyPRO monitor calibrator which helps for colors but the monitor itself is nothing I can complain about.

Box81, take a look at this 24 inch monitor - Google Product Search

I understand that was a 5 second search but I'm looking for opinions. The best opinions are from people who first handedly use the product.
Well it's much easier to search for opinions that are already posted online. Use that google search or go on amazon and find a monitor in your price range. Then read the reviews for that monitor. Amazon is usually really good for that. By "really good for that" I mean Amazon usually has a lot of reviews. Not necessarily informative ones but it's a start.

How does this help him?
The OP edited (Last edited by Box801; Yesterday at 06:01 PM.) his 1st post several hours after I replied ( Yesterday, 09:58 AM). Originally, it didn't have the line "Any suggestions?"

But, you asked for suggestions
Any suggestions?
not opinions. :confused:

I can't give you good advice about what to buy, but I can sure as hell tell you what not to buy. Don't go cheap like I did and get a monitor with a 2500:1 contrast ratio. It sucks for photo editing and everything else, including gaming.

Most reactions

Back