Buying a Nikon D90 tonight! Question?

What I would like is a Direct TV HD PVR, but that's another story ;).
J.

I carry that at my building, 169.99

I think Direct T.V. asks 220 for it but I could be wrong. Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday we have a Direct T.V. rep at our building. It's nice cause they change their promotions like every 3 days...LOL

I carry that at my building, 169.99

I think Direct T.V. asks 220 for it but I could be wrong. Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday we have a Direct T.V. rep at our building. It's nice cause they change their promotions like every 3 days...LOL

In Canada, you can't get Direct TV. You have to get one on EBAY and have them mail it to a US address that will have it forwarded to a canadian address because the US seller will not ship to Canada. Since it's illegal to have DIRECT TV ( or DISH for that matter) you could catch the attention of the RCMP through Canada Customs.
You can't pick a receiver up in Buffalo either, unless you have a US address AND a phone number. Some places ask for a Social Security number.

I've never owned an SLR but I always enjoyed photography.

A tip from a D90 with 18-105 kit. Buy the body only. I wish I just bought the body and bought a 50mm f/1.8. I dont own the 50mm, but I've tried it. I wish i had it instead.

Although I like the fact that I can zoom without moving, I would still rather have the 50mm.

Hell I like my 18-105 non VR. Though it does get soft wide open but, gets sharper at f/8 and, above. But your version will be the newer so they may have fixed the softness issue. Which I actually dont see as an issue. Besides shooting a wedding you should also have a flash which means you wouldnt need to shoot wide open either.

They haven't fixed it. Check out the link I posted.

How does a 50mm 1.8 do at weddings? All you wedding photogs probably know. I would imagine you'd need a zoom lens at these kinds of things, but...?

I ask in part because my cousin's wedding is coming up and I plan to run all over the place taking pictures. (No I won't be working the wedding, I'm not qualified.) :) I just want to experiment to see if I can get some cool extra shots for her. :)

The 50 is a little short for my tastes in that particular use. You may want to use one of your longer lenses, especially if they have hired a photogpher for it. That way you can be well out of their way.

Most reactions

Back