Buying a wide angle? Read first...

AliasPros

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wide is Wide!!!

I am a noob and wish I would have done a little more homework before trying to find the perfect wide angle instead of buying them all at once so if your a noob and have questions about any of the lenses listed in this review please hit me up. Below are pics taken at distance from the subject with same Canon 5D Mark II, keep in mind on a cropped sensor camera these pics will not appear nearly as wide. let me show you the ranges of each, the primes are fixed of course but I shot the 2 zooms at their widest points. I hope this helps someone make their choice a little easier instead of outright buying all of them at once, let me save you some trouble. Please if you have any questions on performance of each and your thinking about picking one up hit me up, I can tell you how I like them. I am not selling any of them just trying to help a fellow photog out...

4302206933_34dac6f392_b.jpg

EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye, paid $649.00 @ BHphotovideo.com

4302939238_7dcfb1fff0_b.jpg

EF 17-40mm f/4L, paid $750.00 @ BHphotovideo.com

4302951306_4c58f33839_b.jpg

EF 20mm f/2.8 USM "Super Wide Angle," paid $469.95 @ BHphotovideo.com

4302195339_b24b3ca412_b.jpg

EF 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS USM paid $409.95 @ BHphotovideo.com

Does anyone have any advice for me??????? What lenses am I missing in my lineup???

Last edited:
So, which 4 did you get?

Yes, please go on. I am interested in getting a wide angle lens myself. Just started looking at the options.

I bought 4 lenses at once, once. Nothing wrong with that- as long as they're good lenses.

Last edited:
Are you rich or something? Cause you just started and you got all that stuff within I believe 6 months or 3 months you said.

Live Free - No I am not rich, I did buy them all at once, but I do take everything I do very seriously and know that they are tools that I need. I am a professional graphic designer and videography and I have never felt bad about dropping coin on equipment because they have paid themselves or hundreds of time over throughout the years. I see a lens as a hammer or a camera body as a work truck etc, I just happen to be a photographer now. I refuse to limit myself by my equipment, if I reach into my camera bag, what I am looking for better be there or it will be on the way from B&H...

O|||||||O
- Yes they are all good glass I never mess with anything less...

Bitter Jeweler
- I am sorry having a hard time posting pics, the lens models, prices I paid for them individually and sample pics are now up... Please review my post and questions are welcome on any of them.

I also have a 20-35 f/2.8L on the way, I will add it's widest pic to the line up as well should be about the same as the 20mm USM I am thinking...

pics are not working for me. Definitely interested in seeing them. As a very visual learner, I need to see what I'm dealing with so I can actually compare. Thanks & hope you get it working.

I think the only person who can asses whether or not you're missing a lens in your bag is you

I think the only person who can asses whether or not you're missing a lens in your bag is you

Agreed, but I love my 70-200 f/2.8L and would recommend that lens as one to shoot portraits on with a full framer to anyone. Can't imaging not having it you know??? The nifty fifty too shoot we all know that things a steal for crying out loud.

I like wide angle but till the point where the distortion starts. Anything beyond that I am not interested.
I can only view the 15mm one and that is not going to do that for me(though I got a crop sensor body and that 15mm will be like 24mm on my camera and I think it is pretty much the border line where you start seeing some distortion). I would like to see the others if you can post.

Most reactions

Back