Buying D700, legit seller?

delizo23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
do you guys think this is a good place to buy a d700?
Nikon D700 Digital SLR Camera (BODY ONLY)<br>With 1-Year USA Warranty

i would usually buy from BH. but i was just looking around

anyone buy from here and was pleased with the products, transaction, shipping, service?

i know most of the stuff in the package is trash, but the most important thing is the camera body for like $2,000 if you trash all the stupid stuff.

Here's a great resourse for checking out online sellers:

Store Ratings and Reviews by Real People - Trusted Online Shopping

Here's yours:

Jumbo Packages - jumbopackages.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

Be careful. Here's a post from one buyer:

I ordered a Nikon D90 camera (body) and Nikon 18-200 mm lens. They e-mailed me, to confirm That I did the order. When I called them -= the guy who answered was pushing me to buy SD cards and other stuff. When I said I don't need any other thing, that guy just hung up on me. I tried to call them several times,(always I was transferred to customer service-- and I was always placed on hold for several minutes. Finally I got a tracking number (after on hold for almost 30 minutes). When I checked the tracking number, the UPS site stated that the package was delivered to a person in California. I will call them again tomorrow and see what their response will be.

Good Luck.

Dan

Here's a rule of thumb. If you have to ask if something is legit, it's probably not.

Here's a great resourse for checking out online sellers:

Store Ratings and Reviews by Real People - Trusted Online Shopping

Here's yours:

Jumbo Packages - jumbopackages.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

Be careful. Here's a post from one buyer:

I ordered a Nikon D90 camera (body) and Nikon 18-200 mm lens. They e-mailed me, to confirm That I did the order. When I called them -= the guy who answered was pushing me to buy SD cards and other stuff. When I said I don't need any other thing, that guy just hung up on me. I tried to call them several times,(always I was transferred to customer service-- and I was always placed on hold for several minutes. Finally I got a tracking number (after on hold for almost 30 minutes). When I checked the tracking number, the UPS site stated that the package was delivered to a person in California. I will call them again tomorrow and see what their response will be.

Good Luck.

Dan

Just from this I would steer clear.

cool thanks guys. i know i sound like a fool but i was just wondering and shopping around. i always buy from B&H or Amazon. im just always looking for better deals

these guys seem to have ok rating, free shipping and cam for $2,300 other than BH's $2,700 price tag.
Nikon D700 , 12.1 Megapixel, SLR, Digital Camera (Camera Body)

or these guys, $2,379 free shipping and lens cleaning kit
Nikon 25444 - D700 - Nikon SLR - 12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera (Body)

or this, $2,449 free shipping 4 gb card
Session Expired|BuyDig.com, The Internet's Digital Superstore

so what im trying to get at here is just a good reliable store, a few hundred dollars cheaper than B&H. if anyone knows any, it would help me, and probably a lot of other people shopping around and on a budget. thanks again everybody

Honestly B+H is going to have the going rate for one. You might ry Amazon but if you find it alot cheaper I would be making sure it was not a grey market camera. If you are "on a budget" and need to save this much to justify buying this camera you might consider buying a cheaper model.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back