Buying MP-E 65 Macro lens in UK

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by andrewcollier, Oct 23, 2009.

1. andrewcollier

andrewcollier TPF Noob!

I am wishing to purchase a MP-E 65 Macro lens, but where can I get a good deal without taking undue risks? Warehouse Express price is £809, del £5. Onestop Digital in Hong Kond have a very good price of £676, Post free and VAT free. Canon MP-E 65mm 1:2.8 1-5x Macro Lens How can they supply VAT free?

The other source I like is an eBay site for £700 + £10 post. CANON MP-E 65MM F/2.8 MACRO LENS *IN SCOTLAND* on eBay (end time 25-Oct-09 16:27:26 GMT) The feedback is excellent and looks genuine, although I know that may not be all it seems.

It looks like this is the web retail arm of Arbroath Camera Accessories (Scotland) They give a phone number and post code of the business, and a link showing it on Multimap.

It is therefore £34 dearer than the dubious "VAT free" site in Hong Kong, but £104 cheaper than Warehouse Express. It seems too good to be true, but at the same time genuine. Has any body used this site? All comments appreciated.