Buying new DSLR

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by reefbones, Dec 30, 2008.

1. reefbones

reefbones TPF Noob!

Dec 30, 2008
    I am not really new to Photography .. I have been using a 35mm for many many years now .. and I want to upgrade to a DSLR ... I have a limit of around 1k for a new camera .. however I am not sure on what one to get .. I know my 35mm camera takes awesome Macro shots .. as well as other all around pictures however I am tired of taking the film in to get developed ...

I normally take close ups of reef fish tanks .. Macro shots of coral and fish .. but I also do family portraits and nature .. I need a camera that will allow me to blow up the picture and still look good .. like 8x10`s and larger prints ...

What DSLR would you suggest? keep in mind my budget is in the 1k range ... 2 cameras that I have been looking at are the EOS Rebel XSi .. or the Sony Alpha DSLR-A350 SLR

Any input would be great!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  2. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Oct 21, 2004
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Do you have any money invested in lenses with the 35mm system you have right now? Really just about any DSLR in that price range will produce nice 8x10 - 16x20 or larger. It really depends on what line you want to invest in. If I had several thousand dollars already invested in lenses with a particular system though, it makes sense to stay with that line in order to use those lenses (assuming they're compatible).