buying pentax k100d tomorrow

catsman72

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally stepping up my game and entering the dslr world with a Pentax k100d tomorrow. just wondering what you guys and gals have experienced with Pentax and the k100d?

I think it's a great, well priced camera to start out with! :) It's the same one I started out with. I got it with the kit lenses. It really is a user friendly camera, and can take some great shots, and the price compared to others, is GREAT! Good luck! Can't wait to see some of your photos!

thanks I'm getting the camera with a 28-80mm lens for $300. But I've noticed that the lens are cheap as hell. looking forward to getting this bad mother.:smileys:

I've been talking to I pretty good friend of mine that says the k100d uses a 2.0 sensor used in p&s and there for I should not get the camera. what do you guys think? I have yet to hear of any thing bad about this camera besides from him.

I think the k100d is a 1.5 crop sensor. No worries, 99% of the DSLR bodies out there are crop sensor.

I don't even know what a crop sensor is.lol is there a write up that teaches you the basics of a dslr camera? sorry for not searching.

I don't even know what a crop sensor is.lol is there a write up that teaches you the basics of a dslr camera? sorry for not searching.
Not a problem. It's not our money!

I see you've been a TPF member for over 2 years. Interesting.

Not a problem. It's not our money!

I see you've been a TPF member for over 2 years. Interesting.
I had a kodak z650 and got pretty good with the pasm settings till one day my cat layed down on my table and kicked it off the table and broke the screen. started getting into cars had some fun now want to try photography again.

I guess i'll just have to find a write up and just play with the camera a bit.:mrgreen:

Not sure if you already know or not.

Some Ritz/Wolf camera stores are clearing some of the Pentex and Olympus DSLR out.

The new K100D DSLR body was reported as $175 only. You may want to check it out. (or K110D with 15-55mm kit lens for $200 new)

Most reactions

Back