buying the nifty 50 today

Nice shot!
I like the cropped edit that El2 did, mostly because something odd was going on in the top left hand corner. In the first shot the corner has a pink area to it and in the second, it looks like you cloned in some tree branches?

Nice shot!
I like the cropped edit that El2 did, mostly because something odd was going on in the top left hand corner. In the first shot the corner has a pink area to it and in the second, it looks like you cloned in some tree branches?

my very first edit at this photo (not posted) looked just like EL2's, but I didnt really like it.. my reason is, it changed the mood of the photo for me.. it brightens it up and makes it happy.. like a nice happy day.. where as the darker one is more like the day.. it dark and gloomy.. gross out (got our first snow fall 10 minutes after the pic was taken (the dark clouds are the snow on its way) i'm very much into "mood edits" if that makes any sense at all.. i'm a fan of dark colors... almost gloomy, depressing.. sort of thing.. no i'm not a depressed person i'm on top of the world, i have a son now as of last week.. its just how I like photos... my other photos, for example some maternity pics of my wife are the same feel.. dark, shady.. its just the way i like to do it... EL2 did a nice edit, and the pic looks fine.. its just not the mood i was trying to portray with the pic... sorry if none of that made sense.. it does in my head

I didn't mean the actual look of the picture, I meant how he/she cropped the image. Because of whatever distracting stuff is going on in the top left hand corner.
I like the dark and gloomy stuff too!

Train ride to the end of the world, man...

:)

Very cool.

i was actually thinking the same thing today when i was looking at it

Would look good in a Dr. Who episode. :)

I seriously like the shot... I actually just wish there were more sky. Like it might have been cool to get down lower and shoot up just a touch... or maybe go portrait mode or something. Dunno.

Regardless, very neat.

Would look good in a Dr. Who episode. :)

I seriously like the shot... I actually just wish there were more sky. Like it might have been cool to get down lower and shoot up just a touch... or maybe go portrait mode or something. Dunno.

Regardless, very neat.

i was thinking the same... its just down the road from my office, so one of these days i'll go and take a whole bunch of shots

i was thinking the same... its just down the road from my office, so one of these days i'll go and take a whole bunch of shots

Ah that rocks. Always great to be able to return to a fairly static scene and hone your skills on it. I've done that time and time again with various areas of Boston.

Most reactions

Back