BWAH. Rant.

Dominantly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I hate when you end up somewhere you find quite interesting, or with good photo scenery, and you aren't prepared.

I always carry my camera with me, but today I had just a 1GB card and my 55-200 VR lens in the bag. My wife and I found our way over to a large flower garden and of course I wanted to shoot. WELL I made due but when it came to trying to get some decent portraits in the sun, I found it to be quite difficult without any fill. No bounce/reflector, no flash, just the camera and the single lens.
I tried to get her to put her chin up and look into the sun, But NOOOO all I hear is "my eyes are watering, it's too bright" :confused::er: To which I respond, "Well do you want raccoon eyes?!?! Work with me here". :blushing:

So I shot through it, but I'm not happy. Moral of the story, having the right gear with you makes a world of difference. Women apparently cannot stare directly into the sun without crying.

ummm... I can't stare directly into the sun with my eyes open... period lol...

Oh, and... :addpics:

:lol:

Here is a couple.
CarlsbadFlowerField-058.jpg

Cbad1-1.jpg

Last edited:
I would be happy with the first one ;)

The 2nd one, something looks off about her skin... And I'm sure it has somethign to do with the lighting available (or lack there of) ;)

See, I'm learning :) lol

Wow, what a great location!!! If I were you and it is easy to get too, I would be going back!!

If you do go back please post the pics!!

Yes, gorgeous location!! We don't even have green grass or leaves on trees here yet!

It is quite nice there, probably 3/4 a mile long of flowers. They have them grouped by color in most areas and then mixed in a small few. You can also walk between some of the rows to get shots.
There was a couple of moms with their baby girls there taking photos in the flower. They probably came out pretty nice.

When I was in elementary school, my teacher gave us a list of stationery that we have to have in our "pencil box". She will check on us from time to time, so everyone in the class were always on the alert. I have kept this habit till today, so I am always carrying the big bag.

any open shade?

Nope, just fields of flowers in the intense sun. Well, there was "shade" in the gift shop, but the scenery wasn't as nice.

Nope I didn't use the pop up. I never have much luck with it, and I haven't purchased an off camera flash just yet (although I have been wanting to).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back