By the Bay

mimstrel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg268/emilai333/Alaska/Alaska%20Plants%20and%20Animals/?action=view&current=01ThorneBay.jpg
Don't know why it wouldn't work.

I've always liked this photo; took it with my Panasonic accidentally set on black and white (I was experimenting earlier that day and forgot to turn it off). My only problem is where the horizon line looks best. I'd love to get it printed out and framed, but can't decide if I should crop it, leave it, where to crop if I crop... What do you all think?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Judge Sharp!!!

yeah it looks great as it is

I WOULD have cut off some of the water, but after seeing the responses on here, I understand this would be a BAD idea. I'm a newbie, though, so I'm probably more clueless about that stuff than you are. Do what the others say, as they are much more knowledgeable about aesthetics and composition than I am.

I will tell you, though, that leaving the camera on b&w on accident was a form of fate, IMO. I wholeheartedly believe it was meant to be... :)

Great photo!

Thanks, Senor Hound.

Yes, I took only a few photos before suddenly noticing that it was still on b&w and flipping back to color, and almost all of them I like better in their B&w form than in color. I'm a b&w fan, though... :)

I agree no crop, but tried +10 contrast in GIMP and I like it. Subtle, but you can certainly tell which is which.

Most reactions

Back