by the creek

seemoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.simonchristen.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just came back from a camping trip in Sequoia National Forrest, CA with a bunch of friends. Was great getting out of the city for a bit and taking some pictures in nature.

1133344110_5c474747e1_o.jpg

1134463275_3fa8e9f478_o.jpg

1133342112_64e592b813_o.jpg

Thanks for watching...

#1 - nominated.

1 is just incredible, everything else seems mediocre.

#1 is probably the most spectacular shot I have seen in many years!!! Congratulations!!!! #2 is Very eyecatching as well. Thanks for sharing Simon. I hope the holiday was as wonderful as the pics.

#1 definately is my favorite but i love how in #2 its pretty much B&W except for the sun and a small area around it

great job!

amazing colors in #1 and the composition is just phenomenal :thumbup:

Thanks a lot for all the comments.

I'm glad you like them.

Sw1chFX: Thanks a lot. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve the other ones; especially number 3? Also thank you for the nomination; I feel very honored.

Emily91183, Cero21: Thanks for your comments. Number one is an HDR image composed out of 3 images and put together in Photomatix. After that I did some level tweaking and other small stuff in Photoshop.

JYoung: wow, I don't know about that, but thanks a lot. Yes camping was a blast. Can't wait to go again.

Ally Cat images: Thanks, I think I agree with you. I kinda like the 2nd one better myself.

Please let me know how I could have made number 3 better, since it doesn't seem to work that well. I agree with that, but can't tell how to fix it.

Thanks again to everybody.

#1 is fantastic, I was just wondering how you achived a hdr with water in the foreground?... how did you not get blurs when combining the images in photomatix? everytime i try a hdr of scenes with water in them it always looks odd...

and I think #3 is a great photo, I think what lets it down is because the background looks over exposed... have you tried using the mask tool in ps, or lasooing around it and feathering the selection and level/curving it a little?

Hey, I hope you dont mind but I saw you have "ok to edit"

and thought I would show you what I mean with #3..

Just a simple curves edit. :hug::

BEFORE:
1133342112_64e592b813_o.jpg

AFTER:
no3.jpg

The edit does add more contrast and saturation to the #2 photo, but it also reveals a lot of dust spots that were left behind on your sensor. If you look closely, you can see them in the sky. Overall, the images are amazing.

Most reactions

Back