Bye Bye Birdie :(

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by MommyOf4Boys, Jun 30, 2006.

1. MommyOf4Boys

MommyOf4Boys TPF Noob!

Yesterday my Cockatiel named Boudreaux got out. I have not been in the best of moods since I lost him (I have been crying like a baby actually). I had him out on his playyard and my son opened the back door and out Boudreaux flew - I spent a few hours searching for him, until it got dark. He is a tropical bird that is extremely domesticated, so I know that it is unlikely that he will survive in the wild. Boudreaux and I were very attached to eachother - he sat on my head the majority of the time. My husband, who I bought Boudreaux for in the first place, was never really attached to him, but felt so bad that he (without my knowledge) called around today while I was not home and put a deposit on a Sun Conure that is in Texas. We will be picking him up at the end of the month when we drive thru to San Antonio and Austin. I didn't realise my husband had it in him to do something that sweet!!! LOL j/k he can surprise me sometimes.
    Anway, I hope to have pictures up for yall when I get back from vacation - maybe yall can help me name it..or should I name it Boudreaux II..I just love the name Boudreaux, living in Louisiana and all LOL.

2. Alex06

Alex06 TPF Noob!

I'm so sorry to hear about your Cockatiel. The same thing happened to us a couple of years ago. On a hopeful note there is a formerly domesticated Cockatiel that lives in a tree at the lake down the road. The owners were never able to catch it so now it just hangs out down there.

3. photo gal

photo gal TPF Noob!

Planet Carolyn..Cool place....you should visit!
    :hug:: :hugs:

4. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I've never heard about cockatiel bird but :hugs::hugs:

5. clarinetJWD

clarinetJWD The Naked Spammer Staff Member

Boudreaux's gone!? Awwww....I never even saw the bird, but I'll miss him messing with you while in chat. That was always fun :D

Sorry, Sara... :(

6. MommyOf4Boys

MommyOf4Boys TPF Noob!

Thanks guys. It is still hard to imagine that he is not here. My almost 2 yr old, Landon, keeps going to Boudreaux's cage and pointing and saying "where boodoh, mama?" I tell him "Boudreaux went bye bye" and he just looks at me and says "oh". :( I am going to learn how to clip wings before I bring the Sun Conure home!!!

7. bytch_mynickname

bytch_mynickname TPF Noob!

Sorry to hear of your loss. I too lost a bird but he was a sun conure. Some dumb kids came up on our porch and opened his cage, he flew into the closest tree and sat there and yelled out my name. Sadly I wasn't there or I think he would have came to me but by the time I got home, he was gone:(

Good luck with the sun, I loved mine, someday I hope to get another one, or an african grey:lovey:

8. clarinetJWD

clarinetJWD The Naked Spammer Staff Member

I had a friend that had an african grey. Gorgeous bird, but her's had this habit of picking out its feathers until there were bare spots, so she had to sell him. :(

9. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Feather pickign is a behavioral problem, often brought on because the bird is bored. It's possible it didn't have enough stimulation to keep it busy.

Sorry to hear about the bird, Sara. I lost my first cockatiel in the same way.

10. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I'm so sorry for your loss :(

11. Chase

Chase I am now benign! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I just saw this, and am sorry to hear it as well :(