C&C a couple of my favorites

arneson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Let me preface this with the obligatory "I'm new to digital photography." The first two photos I'm quite happy with, but would love to get some additional feedback on. These two photos have gone through PP.

4890062866_e0df4bb625_b.jpg

4880680115_c99ed10b88_b.jpg

LOVE them both. Can you explain how you took the first one?

Welcome! C&C per req:

1. Nicely done, and well composed using the road and lights as leading lines. I'm assuming that moving it more to the left would have resulted in empty space image right? I would suggest a bit more work to perhaps lighten slightly the dark area image left.

2. I really this, but then I'm a sucker for dark foggy scenese. There's a real tranquility in this image and the shingled roo in the foreground adds an additional element of interest. I would suggest though leveling the image and perhaps trying to brighten slightly the shingles image lower right.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

#1 is nice, but I would consider removing the power lines.

#2 needs more detail in the roof/shingles... and maybe some different composition so that we know what we are looking at.

Gunna be completely honest with you, number 2 is my background now ha

Hello and welcome to the forum.

#1.
I like the photo. The darker left foreground may be a little lighter, but leading lines do not point to that direction.
I looked for a while to decide if the power lines helped the photo, and I do not think they do.

#2.
I like the photo a lot and do not believe it needs any adjustments. There is a quiet stillness to the photo that I like, along with the colors.

It looks like steam or something coming off the street in #1?

It's ghosting from people walking by during the long exposure. It's a pretty popular spot here in Minneapolis, so it's tough to find a time where I can get ~10 seconds with nobody in it, unfortunately.

Ah, I see it now that you mention it. It doesn't look bad and honestly its not THAT noticeable... Might have been more interesting if you could have made the ghosts a little more prominent or something though?

Both great.
#1 w/o power lines - great - also looks tilted or is that just my 2 eyes?

I really like the first one a lot. Cityscapes are great. It's unfortunate that the power lines are in the shot. Nice job though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back