C&C a few Landscapes

Turnerea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't posted images here in a little while- been working on getting more consistent results. I was pretty pleased with my latest shoot- please let me know what you see in them, and any suggestions for improvement- be harsh.

sidenote: anyone notice the photobucket feature where you click and it copies the link automatically doesn't work anymore?

1. 1/8s, f/22, ISO200; 100mm
[IMG]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo12/photogerikturner/20081218-IMG_1055.jpg

2. 1/8s, f/22, ISO200; 100mm
20081218-IMG_1065.jpg

3. 1/25s, f/32, ISO100; 100mm
20081218-IMG_1087.jpg

4. 6s, f/16, ISO100; 50mm
20081218-IMG_1123.jpg

sidenote: anyone notice the photobucket feature where you click and it copies the link automatically doesn't work anymore?[/quote]
Yes, it is driving me nuts. I posted a bunch of images on another forum and ended up posting like 7 of the same image of my daughter when I hit the reply button because that is what was on the clipboard instead of the images I normally had just clicked on in the past.

Yes, it is driving me nuts.

I hope that the functionality comes back soon... was very easy. Any other good services out there for hosting images? I've found photobucket seems to desaturate my photos... but I have no idea why that would be... I'm uploading jpgs.

I agree that the version I posted of the silhouetted telescope was a bit too dark.

Any other comments on the images?

I'd not use f/22-32.... I can see massive diffraction sharpness loss even at this size... not sharp at all.

Thanks for pointing that out... I had actually recently read a thread about diffraction limitations, but sort of fell back to my normal routine while shooting. What can you actually see that you attribute to diffraction? Or do you just see that it's not sharp, and because of the small aperture, you're figuring its from that?

Thanks

Thanks for pointing that out... I had actually recently read a thread about diffraction limitations, but sort of fell back to my normal routine while shooting. What can you actually see that you attribute to diffraction? Or do you just see that it's not sharp, and because of the small aperture, you're figuring its from that?

Well I'm guessing it's not a focus issue, since an aperture that small would in theory get everything in focus, but the images almost look OUT of focus.

So yeah that's my guess

What mountains are those? Beautiful!

I would crop the foreground in most of these pictures. Just a lot of nothing that doesn't add much. You could keep some grass but I don't think the bushes and such add much.

I hope that the functionality comes back soon... was very easy. Any other good services out there for hosting images? I've found photobucket seems to desaturate my photos... but I have no idea why that would be... I'm uploading jpgs.

I agree that the version I posted of the silhouetted telescope was a bit too dark.

Any other comments on the images?
Depends on the size of the JPGs you upload, Photobucket auto-resizes/samples to fit their limitations. In the process, it undergoes horrible quality loss. I never upload anything over 100k to Photobucket. They seem to come out fine for me at that.

That's the first thing I thought when I saw the pictures, desaturated and bland. If Photobucket is doing that, I'd try Flickr or imageshack over Photobucket.

ummm y is the last LANDSCAPE in a PORTRAIT crop?

Why not? It is a nice effect, and in print it could have a nice effect. Thinking that there is a set way to take landscape or portrait photos only limits your creative scope...

I do (still) think that this particular photo needs some major cropping in the sky and in the foreground.

Took my shot at playing with this in Photoshop. Hope you don't mind.

20081218img1123ka2.jpg

What mountains are those? Beautiful!

Angeles National Forest from across most of the LA air basin... one reason they're not too sharp, though this was a "clear" day.

...test to see if flickr hosting messes with the image as much as photobucket...

3123362133_6e35897457_b_d.jpg

l

Most reactions

Back