C&C B&W truly does capture ones emotion

ferguson911

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is an image from a shooting with a friend today.

Give me your opinion of the image and composition

35358_10150235908010601_874590600_13690011_3816437_n.jpg

thanks!

My first thought was that it's a very very nice photo... and then I found myself wondering why she was getting fresh with the no parking sign.

I really like it, a lot actually, and yet... I'm confused by it. :lol:

But yeah the B&W really works for this photo and at least in my opinion, it's quite well composed. Nice work!

Doesn't do anything for me. Posing with the sign makes little sense, unless 'no parking' is supposed to be a sexual innuendo. Then there's the horizontal vs. vertical camera orientation stuff, and the fact that she's looking up at us or we're looking down at her and it's just very weird, posed, and I don't feel any sort of emotion whatsoever.

Black and white be damned!

I like it - good composition and a little mystery! Did you tone this? On my screen it looks like it has a little sepia or red added. If so, it might be better without, or even with a touch of blue instead. I'm tempted to crop a little on the right so there isn't anything behind her and so her hand is less centered, but I like the dark framing around her head, so I could go either way.

I like the mystery especially since I see a ring on her left hand...

I'm afraid I'm mostly with White on this one, 'though I do think it's approriately executed in B&W. I think it might be much improved if you were to crop off most of the left side and remove all of the pallets and other background distractions.

I'm afraid I'm mostly with White on this one, 'though I do think it's approriately executed in B&W. I think it might be much improved if you were to crop off most of the left side and remove all of the pallets and other background distractions.
+1 ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑.

Like everyone else i dont get the point of the sign , its nicely done in black and white though.

Most reactions

Back