C&C - Be ruthless

Computer_Generated

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.acollectiveexperience.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys I haven't done it yet just so I could get a feel for the forum. I think the people here are very helpful and honest so I thought I'd throw a few up - please tear 'em apart - show me where I can improve. All the photos on my site are going to be thrown up one at a time.

ATSA00001.jpg

This image seems soft to me... and the highlights are blown out pretty badly. If this was shot in RAW I would attempt to re-process paying closer attention to the Highlights and attempt to Sharpen unless the original was quite soft to begin with.

Others??...

I was going to say 20 views & no comments & then Chris' post poped up.

I do not like the tight cropping but would prefer to see the whole flower. As Chris said, the pic is soft lacking detail one would expect from a close-up view.

Thx Ron... you know I was really in doubt that it was soft so I took it into Gimp and found my problem. If I 100% the full image and look at the top left petals they're sharp, the center circle is sharp but everything else is soft... do you think this was an AF problem picking up the center of the flower? Too close to the flower for F11 to get it all sharp? I'm thinking wider aperture for next time.

Most reactions

Back