c&c, edit suggestions??

I'm already asking you if "fixing your edit" was a "bit" difficult, maybeeee ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Is this the SOOC? Post a larger image or email it to me at [email protected] and I'd love to play around with it!

here. have fun:D let me know if you want it emailed to you
4540958304_a8a4b0c82a_b.jpg

I am on a laptop, and I know the color is not dead on. With that said...the edits still looked blue. I don't have PS on this computer, but I used paint.net and changed it a little. If I would have used PS I would have toned down the bright sky in the background and taken out the bits of stray hair on top. First post... I probably shouldn't be editing, I am somewhat new to photography, but here's my take anyway!

editTPF.jpg

I am on a laptop, and I know the color is not dead on. With that said...the edits still looked blue. I don't have PS on this computer, but I used paint.net and changed it a little. If I would have used PS I would have toned down the bright sky in the background and taken out the bits of stray hair on top. First post... I probably shouldn't be editing, I am somewhat new to photography, but here's my take anyway!

editTPF.jpg
i think you cropped a TAD to much hair off... but the color looks GREAT! IMO. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

editTPF.jpg
its a tad too warm from what i see now, granted i dont know your monitor situation, but im working off of a Lacie 321 monitor that i just calibrated last week

this is what i came up with
4540958304_a8a4b0c82a_b.jpg

Thanks, If it werent for the 8x10 crop I would have wanted a little more width also. You can always get a matte for a little bigger frame if you really were intent on framing it and keeping the width of the hair.

I am just on my work laptop, so nothing special with the monitor here. I would imagine your monitor is much better suited to the real color. But personally I like the added warmth. I like sunshine...I live in the northern US...I get enough overcast dreary days! lol

What I did as work with the RGB curves, I took the blue hue down a little, added a hint red. I forget if I did add warmth or not. I think I didn't like it, so I used the undo. Also lowered lowered the brightness a hair and added a little contrast. Cropped for 8x10 and Tada!

there are tree branches coming out the top of her head. Can they be cloned out?

I don't think I personally would crop it.....I like the background! I don't think the branches coming out of her head look that odd when you see more of the background either. Here is a quick edit:

4541980812_3160348cdd.jpg

I don't think I personally would crop it.....I like the background! I don't think the branches coming out of her head look that odd when you see more of the background either. Here is a quick edit:

wow! I really like your edit. She looks great, (she's beautiful anyway) but can you send the edit to me via email or something?
thanks

Without cropping it can't be printed in the 5:4 aspect ratio of an 8 x 10.

It's unfortunate the image was not made in the portrait format, with the long side being the vertical side, to begin with.

This edit is a 6 x 4 crop (3:2 aspect ratio) and could be printed 12 x 8 if done from the original instead of an online image.

Fill flash would have produced a much better original and could have prevented the blown out sky in the background.

I dont know how this'll look on the site, but I did some cropping, a little color adjustment and saturation to help her eyes. I also blurred the perimeter to reduce the distractions. Hope it worked.

Attachments

• $test2.jpg
    $test2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 42

Most reactions

Back