C&C few pix from Brooklyn...

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Nikon_Nyc, May 6, 2009.

1. Nikon_Nyc

Nikon_Nyc TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    went out to brooklyn to take these shots...I need some C&C on these I have a few more but the C&C will assist in editing them. thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jaszek

Jaszek No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    1 and 2 seem underexposed for my liking and i dont really like desaturation in the third one. And for the third one your horizon isnt straight and you might also want to look into the RUle of THirds. Downtown Manhattan is beautiful at night from the Brooklyn SIde So I would suggest showing that off. ALso I Cant believe you dont have anmy shots of the Brooklyn BRidge lol. ALso Number your photos ;D

3. lc1102002

lc1102002 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i think the 1st and 2nd would be better they had more contrast...make the lights pop
    but that being said the 2nd is my fave of the 3. i like the lines

4. DScience

DScience No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think #2 is great because the lines of the fence on the left, and then the lights on the right create a line, and they almost converge...good composition

5. DynastyIce

DynastyIce TPF Noob!

I was going to make a new topic, but probably just waste of space.

I know what the rule of thrids is...but applying it is hard to visualize. Like the #3 picture, jaszek mention that it wasn't "rule of thrids" picture. How can you make picture #3 a rule of thrids. Would you have to include more of the object you are taking to the left? Shift the angle you are taking the picture? How can you correct the shot of the picture to be rule of thrids.

Thanks

6. Nikon_Nyc

Nikon_Nyc TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Guys thank for the input, trust me its appreciated because I could not really make a descision on how much exposure I should provide. I dint want the images to look as if shot in the day and photoshoped to night.I will do some editing and look forward to some more critique. Thanks again. Oh btw I have shot the bk bridge a lot I want to focus downtown, clearly need to work on that!

7. pokopelo

pokopelo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i was standing in that same place 3 years ago but didn't have an SLR back then so i will not publish the snapshots of my cybershot...
    i would go there early or mid morning... I was there at about 11:00am and light was great...

Last edited: May 7, 2009