c&c for a newbiew

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by swells, Jul 22, 2009.

1. swells

swells TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    On the way to my Daughters soccer tour and saw this field of yellow flowers.
    I had to crop along the bottom because I was somewhat skewed to the front edge of the field. In hind sight, I should have taken a few steps into the field but I really didn't want to trespass. (f/7.1; 1:200; 18mm; ISO 200; Normal exposure with normal sharpness and high saturation; also using a Hoya C.pol Filter)

[​IMG]

#2 & #3 (Both during the 1st day with a new D90)
    My biggest issue is with #2. I don't know if it's me, but he seams to be out of focus or rather his fur us well fuzzy. (f5.6; 1/6400; ISO 200; 200mm; Normal Exposure with saturation 2 and sharpness 1) I might blam this on the fact I'm at the end of the 55-200 lens, but I have some other photos at 200mm that look great.

[​IMG]

well, not much to say about this one, It's just a cute photo IMO. I am wondering how to control the aspect ration while cropping. ie maintain a 3:4 ratio so it will print on a 4x6 etc. (f/6.3; 1/640; ISO 200; 60mm; Normal - sat 2 - sharp 1)

[​IMG]

edit:
    Nikon D90
    AF-S 18-55 G VR
    AF-S 55-200 ED VR
    AF 50 f/1.8D

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  2. Dagwood56

Dagwood56 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    1. I would actually have liked to see a bit of green in the foreground so as to give the viewer an idea of plant height...not a lot of green, just a tad, but thats just me. My problem with the photois the horizon line is tilted.

2. Cute shot and the focus looks good to me, I think its his wet fur that might create the illusion of it being oof...

3. :lol: adorable.

3. dak1b

dak1b TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    cool shots

4. swells

swells TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the comments Dagwood. I am attaching the original so you can see what was cropped out. Funny, I never noticed the horizon tilt before. The field didn't run perpendicular to the road so as I was trying to frame I forgot about the horizon. rookie mistake. lol thanks

[​IMG]

5. Jeffro

Jeffro TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I kinda like the original, looks like your looking up hill!

6. Dagwood56

Dagwood56 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would probably have chose to crop the original as you did. For my idea to work you would have had to be shooting straight across the field. I live in a rural area and understand that isn't always possible. By the way, you should be able to straighten the horizon in photo shop. ;)