C&C For ME ME ME!!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Lynnzora, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Lynnzora

Lynnzora TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Here's some that I've taken. Would love some HONEST feedback. Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TriniPhototakeoutta

TriniPhototakeoutta TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    love #1. nice sharp and detailed foreground

3. Sirashley

Sirashley TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Number 1 is definitely your best shot in the series. The lighting is perfect, there great DoF, and the contrast of his black shirt works great against the white deck.

Number 2, you kinda lose the guy in the background as his shirt blends with water.

Number 3, I don't see anything wrong with, it just doesn't grab me

Number 4, I really like this shot but I find it a bit distracting that her hand is cut off. That might just be me being picky, but I feel like her arm kinda leads the eye around the frame and is then cut off. Still a great shot though

All in all these are excellent shot and your lighting and contrast is perfect. Very well done!

4. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #1 great pic. I like the angles of his arm and the overall composition.
    Seems a tad bit too saturated or something, I dunno. He looks a bit plastiky, but that can just be me.

#2 Would like to see the two a bit closer together. To give a less distant feeling and a more teasing feeling. Maybe have him move a bit to his left so their arms are closer.
    I like the sharpness and the look in her eyes, he needs to work a bit on his modeling :)
    I agree with the choice of shirt on background, you somewhat lose him.

#3 I like the idea of the shot and the saturation choice. I would of liked her hand more in the middle of her lips, symetry is important. Her hair is also lost with the black in the background, so be a bit mindful of that nex time around
    Nice composition, nice forground element

#4 Nothing really technically wrong, its a nice picture (compo, contrast,...) I'm not digging the idea...seems like she is hugging a water fountain?

Overall though, awesome job! I remember your first few pics you posted when you joined, you are definatly on the right path :)

5. rufus5150

rufus5150 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #2 the editing on the shoulder is very obvious.

#3 and #4 the facial retouching is way over the top.

6. Dagwood56

Dagwood56 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    1. Very well executed shot.

2. I like the theme you were going for and I think it would have wokred if the horizon line was not tilted.

3. Her hair blends into the background and it looks too obviously posed for my taste.

4. Nice fun shot, but I agree with others - I'd have liked to see her entire hand in the shot.

7. Samanax

Samanax TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You're showing definite improvement.

8. Lynnzora

Lynnzora TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for all the feedback! I learn more each day! I love it. Yeah I hate that the hand in the last one was cut off. I had a problem with cropping because I didn't want to cut too much of the left off.... because you wouldn't see any of her leg... Umm but C&C... keep it coming. I learn so much from these! Here's 3 more...

#6[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't pay attention to the crop. I had to cut off the bottom half because his name was printed on the photo.

9. mikemicki

mikemicki TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like #1 the best. #4 In my opinion, she should be looking at the camera & not have her hand cut off like that. #1 for sure. Very handsome looking guy & the he seems comfortable modeling for photog.

10. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #1 is very good.

#2 - the lighting on your models and the background lighting just don't add up to me. Their edges are too crisp.

#3 & 4 - as mentioned.

11. Lynnzora

Lynnzora TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #1. Someone said the skin looked like plastic. There wasn't much editing on the skin at all. It's probably because he put on baby oil beforehand. I wasn't sure how that was going to show up on camera but he was persistant about it...

#2. I like but I can see how he blends into the scene. It probably would've been different if he had a different color shirt on.... The lighting is natural. I didn't use the flash. I did brighten up the photo a little in pp.

#3. I think it's a little TOO posed... a little too cheesy. However the model insisted on bringing her pink teddy bear for the photo. LoL. I tried to make the best of it and played with the colors. Here's the original... Coloring different just as cheesy though lol
    [​IMG]

#4.

Thought her playing with the water was cute but yeah her hand being cut off kinda killed it though.

#5 & #6... If you have C&C for it would be appreciated... Looking at the photos that I've done, does anyone see a pattern and have some overall advise that will help me improve?

Anyway, thanks to you all who took the time to comment!!! :hug::

12. inTempus

inTempus TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You are showing LOTS of improvement. Wow, you're like a totally new photographer. Nice work! These images look really good.