C&C- Kiddos

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by taraj_00, May 17, 2010.

1. taraj_00

taraj_00 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey there. I'm pretty new to the forum still, and pretty much a newbie to photography (well, more than a P&S). I shot this of the kids the other day, and I'm sure there are lots of things I can do better, so I figured this was the place to get comments from! I know a reflector would help, but I was taking advantage of a few minutes without a crying baby or an 8 yr old with attitude, and didn't have time to improvise one (maybe I should just get something, eh?)

I did a bit of editing, nothing super technical- mostly just experimenting with the software (PSP X2 Ultimate)

Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

2. taraj_00

taraj_00 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh, and I know his knee is cut off--- that's why they're my kids :D I can torture them again later when I feel like trying again!

3. JasonLambert

JasonLambert TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Seems a little washed out. Might try bringing back some of the color back in your editing program.

4. aliciaqw

aliciaqw TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Cute kids. :)

Overall, focus looks soft.

I don't like that the patio roof trim is going through his head. Next time, maybe don't face them towards the sun because they're eyes are squinting and that can ruin a picture. Is your baby girl naturally very pink? She looks really magenta or red and your son appears green maybe. I could be wrong. There seems to be a lot of color casts on their faces from the clothing (blue on his chin and pinks/blues on her face).

5. taraj_00

taraj_00 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I do see what you're saying about the color casts... unfortunately we're pale people and it happens! Until I get much better at editing, I'm not sure there's much I can do about that (well, lighter colored clothes!)

I tried a warming filter to help with it being washed out...

[​IMG]

6. Noonz

Noonz TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    :lol: i like the way you think!

I like the photo, your edited version looks pretty good too. I think desaturation will set a nice mood to the photo also, but thats MO. I think the background is a little distracting too.

;)

7. aliciaqw

aliciaqw TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    My baby is very pale and I found that open shade or backlighting work best for him as far as color casts. It would also help with the parts of the photo that seem to be really bright, or blown possibly. I do this a lot too, trying to learn my way around it :)