Overstanding

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,
I wanted to get some good feed back on this photo. I used Lightroom to create three exposures, Photomatix to layer them up, and Photoshop to boost color, saturation, and to remove noise.

Thank You for viewing,
Derrick

Three Photos Used
IMG_1071-2-2.jpg

EV -1

IMG_1071-2-3.jpg

EV +1

IMG_1071-2.jpg

Original

Last edited:
The editing looks fine to me. It is way to tightly cropped for my taste though.

ya a lil dull i wud maybe add a little more contrast...and saturation to up ur pic...also cropped too closely..not bad though

+1 on being cropped too tight. Looks like you had a beautiful scene to work with too.

~Tom

P.S.- I had a 94 Chaste White RX7. That is one car that felt like at ANY moment it would break for no reason.

I think it is great, I love the shot, just up the contrast a little and it would be just right, and I agree that the crop is a little tight.

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm not close to my computer at the moment, so I'll upload the originals later on today.

I think the colors are a little dull for my liking, the crop is too tight, and it is soft. Should have bumped the aperture to something along the lines of F/16+. Hate to be so critical, but I guess thats what the forum (and C&C threads) is for.

Mark

Rx-7's do need a little bit of extra love and care. Those rotary engines are crazy! By the way this is not my car, it's owned by a friend of mine.

When I was turning up the contrast and the saturation, the reds were popping a little too much. When I'm editing for too long my eyes start to play tricks on me lol, so i'm sure this can come out better.

Feel free to be critical Mark. I have no problem with it.

Thanks again everyone for giving feedback.

rotary engines are quite the hassel tho.. if somthin gets fked up.. u gatta pull the whole engine out to fix it.. but on a normal one.. u can jus open it up

Oh, but they're ever so efficient. Lots of vroom in a rotary engine.

LS in an RX-7? Are you talking Chevy V-8 LS? I think the Wan kel (it won't let me say w a n k) Rotary in these is like 1.8 liters. I don't think anything bigger would fit. And I hear if you balance the motor and port and polish it, it can take something like 14,000 rpm! Though I have only heard this through the grapevine.

As far as the photo I'd say you did a good job of trying to create an accurate representation of the car. Which is nice. Some people like the overdone sky, and the HDR that looks cool yet totally fake. But yours is quality.

If you get the chance to reshoot this car, maybe try getting a wider shot. Also, see what it looks like with the overdone HDR. It may be something the owner of the car (or you) really like.

LS in an RX-7? Are you talking Chevy V-8 LS? I think the Wan kel (it won't let me say w a n k) Rotary in these is like 1.8 liters. I don't think anything bigger would fit. And I hear if you balance the motor and port and polish it, it can take something like 14,000 rpm! Though I have only heard this through the grapevine.

As far as the photo I'd say you did a good job of trying to create an accurate representation of the car. Which is nice. Some people like the overdone sky, and the HDR that looks cool yet totally fake. But yours is quality.

If you get the chance to reshoot this car, maybe try getting a wider shot. Also, see what it looks like with the overdone HDR. It may be something the owner of the car (or you) really like.

To put the vehicle discussion to rest for the sake of the OP (considering the conversation on the topic of the car itself was started by my silly little "P.S." in my post), there are companies that produce engine cradles that allow the chevy LSx (x=1-theoretically 7) V8's to fit, thus giving the car a rather reliable powerplant.

The rotary is a 1.3 liter that is very efficient in producing horsepower per liter, not fuel efficient by any means (supposedly mazda paid something similar to a gas guzzler tax when these cars were introduced to the US market). Porting will allow the engines to become even more horsepower efficient so to speak, but the reliablitly only decreases even further.

Once again, sorry for creating this tanget. The great thing about vehicle photography is that the results generally only get better with editing. Keep at it and you'll get it right.

~Tom

Most reactions

New Topics

Back