C&C meeeeee peole

Lynnzora

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey a little c&c... one of these I posted b4 but did a little work in photoshop.

#1.:confused:
What do you think about this photo? I really like it but... Well I'll let you guys tell me what's wrong with it.... :)
Shauna11.jpg

GROUP1.jpg

SpecialEffects3.jpg

TTAuntie.jpg

Last edited:
Oh in #2 don't worry about the guys beard and the bumps that's just going to be a long photoshop job.

Hi lynnzora, I've never commented on any of your pictures but I guess I will this time. :) I'm not much a pro but these opinions are just my own. In my world if you love the photo keep it and show off all you got.!!!

1. great exposure but her arms are tucked into the tree making it look like she's got a strangle hold on it because it's about to attack her. ;)

2. is just awesome. The pose is great shows so much "girl power!!"

3. Great pose for capturing "attitude" but hey it could pass as an engagement picture if the personalities fit. Maybe if there was a bit of touching between them it would had made it that factor.

4. Very happy photo. I would have put a little more light on the faces.

ok thanks. I was actually thinking that the flash might have ruined this pic. What do you guys think. I know I needed one because the sun was going down but maybe I needed an off camera one.... which I should be getting any time now. OR does that glow in her face seem natural (in pic #1)?

Also what would you guys use to clear up the complexion in number 2? I usually use the stamp tool and healing tool... is there any other way you guys do it?

1 the picture looks like it would be better suited as a portrait orientation to me. The pose looks a little unnatural and uncomfortable. Also some hot spots on the face and arms.

2. and 3. I like the best of the bunch. 2. I am not sure about the composition. I think I would kinda like to see a shot where both her hands are visible. 3. Is a great shot. I like the coloring composition and lighting on this shot.

4. The white balance looks off. I notice that these are the same women from the other post. Was this shot taken at the same time? If not your camera is having a hard time with selecting the white balance if set on AWB. I also dont like the fact that her face is cut off.

Nope same photoshoot. Just trying to work with them in photoshop. I'll keep the white balance in mind on the next one. I was just trying to get rid of it in photoshop but don't know if that's possible.

Oh yeah and in number 1 I wasn't a big fan of the pose but during this sequence I just let the models do whatever and that's what she did lol... I just love the colors in the shot but the little glow on the face... I couldn't figure out if it was a good or a bad thing.

As far as correcting the white balance you should be able to do it. Try using the levels tool. Select a white spot using the white eye dropper and a black spot using the black eye dropper. You can also do it using curves I believe but it may be a little harder. Also the default fall back for me if I really screw it up is to just convert to black and white.

2 @ 3 are the strongest, their tonal and focal qualities are superior to the others in the set. 2 - is full of power, it's up to the viewer to determine it's nature, to me she appears defiant, although the context of this feeling is somewhat lost. 3 - I'm not sure how the two relate to each other, the context of her body language doesn't lend itself to pairing of the two.... ie what are people in general telling you when they bring their hand to their chins?

1 - hot spots, and it looks like you pulled the color into the green and her forhead takes on an unnatural greenish tone.

4 - out of focus, crop lines are off.

I really like number two...

I'm really diggin #2 as is. I wouldn't be bothered to work on the complexion.... it is what it is. Powerful shot.

The only thing to note is her right eye. Next time, keep her (their) gaze at the camera, but not too much so as to leave some white in the corner of the eye.

I agree with what has been said here about #2 it is definitely powerful. On #1 I would do some PSing to even out the skin tones on her arm. #3 needed more interaction between the two, unless of course you weren't going for that. #4 I would be careful with shots that have the subject so close, the hair from the right subject is distracting and takes away from the other subject. All in all your shots are very clear and sharp which is a step in the right direction. :salute:

ok thanks. I was actually thinking that the flash might have ruined this pic. What do you guys think. I know I needed one because the sun was going down but maybe I needed an off camera one.... which I should be getting any time now. OR does that glow in her face seem natural (in pic #1)?

That was going to be my comment... flash=bad.

I think I've mentioned that to you a number of times now, though.

That was going to be my comment... flash=bad.

I think I've mentioned that to you a number of times now, though.

Yep you have but the sun was going down and I had to use something. I'm saving to get an off camera flash. I just invested in some lighting but it's not going to do any good at the park. But yep the off camera flash is coming soon.

I agree with what has been said here about #2 it is definitely powerful. On #1 I would do some PSing to even out the skin tones on her arm. #3 needed more interaction between the two, unless of course you weren't going for that. #4 I would be careful with shots that have the subject so close, the hair from the right subject is distracting and takes away from the other subject. All in all your shots are very clear and sharp which is a step in the right direction. :salute:

Thanks for all of the comments guys. I'm seriously working trying to get this right and it feels good to be making some progress.

Regarding the Quote above:
Mann I've done a number of different color manipulations to try to get that glow out of her face in #1 using Photoshop CS4... Nothing I've tried has worked...

And really you don't think I should photoshop all those razor bumps off in #2? If I was what do you guys usually use in photoshop to work on imperfections. I try working with the healing tool and that stamp... Any other suggestions?

Most reactions

Back