C&C My Daughter

supraman215

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's another pic of my daughter I took last night she's only 3 but she loves books. I wanted to capture that. I wanted a better one with her legs higher in the air but I don't have one. I took some advice from this site and switched to shooting RAW but I think I'll have to make some adjustments because they all come out darker than the JPG. I think it's one of the lighting features I have turned on in the camera for some reason it modifies the JPG but not the RAW.

I think it needs a little saturation but I could be wrong. NOOB

DSC_0067-1.jpg

i think the saturation is fine
you definitely captured that emotion of happiness while she flips through a book
but i feel like you are too close to the floor, the red in that rug is extremely distracting

Lovely shot. I love getting pictures of my kids reading. I'm on a bad monitor at work (on lunch!) but the exposure and saturation seem good.

I like the angle and expression on her face. Maybe crop it a little bit to reduce the amount of rug, in the same crop reduce the amount of desk showing in the background.

Edit to ADD: It's such a cute shot, it's even fine the way it is, and the crop might end up making it too tight and change the feel of the picture. But I would personally at least try it to see how it looks.

Personally I love the Depth of field but I think that you could have been closer to her and cut out some of the rug.

Though any moment with a quiet 3 year old is magic. :)

Is this better? I don't care for the angle as much but the feet are up and there is no red apple.

DSC_0071-1.jpg

I like the first shot better (if the red was gone). You shot this in RAW? What software did you use to edit it? You could change the color of the apple and tone it down a bit. Wouldn't draw your eyes to it so much.

I think it might be worth trying a black and white conversion on the first one. It'd make losing the red fairly straightforward and it would suit the mood of the image.

Some guys who post on another forum I'm on have started a site you might find really useful: here

Most reactions

New Topics

Back