C&C My First Shots With My D40 Please

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
just got my d40 today and love it. its my first dslr. i have been shooting all day haha. just looking for some c&c on some of the shots that came out alright. i wrapped a piece of cardboard with foil and held it under the flash (getting a sb600 soon)

10pvxcn.jpg

2zzmeqc.jpg

2qlcs4h.jpg

2crrq1l.jpg

These pictures are retarded. IJS.

#1 is pretty good (good focus and decent background blur, though pity you clipped his ear off), #2 has white balance and compositional issues. #3 and #4 are stupid and shouldn't be posted for c&c.

Take the stick out of your asses guys there is no need to be so serious.

Take the stick out of your asses guys there is no need to be so serious.

Well why don't we all just post up clown photos and see how good the forum is for learning then? :er:

They're the kids first shots with the D40!
Cut him some slack!

wow, first time i have seen ppl be such sourpusses. why does it have to be serious to be good? was santa not good to you this year?

so you dont like the expressions, what about the technical aspect of the shots? like focus and such. i couldnt get out today to take "serious" shots and was trying to make the on camera flash work better till i get the sb600. forgive me. i think its people like you guys who cause new people to shy away from the forums and posting their shots for c&c

thanks zeto

He asked for c&c and he got it. Is that a problem now?

i think it could have been put differently. thats all im gonna say. but hey, maybe being respectful just isn't your thing, it's fine

wow, first time i have seen ppl be such sourpusses. why does it have to be serious to be good? was santa not good to you this year?

so you dont like the expressions, what about the technical aspect of the shots? like focus and such. i couldnt get out today to take "serious" shots and was trying to make the on camera flash work better till i get the sb600. forgive me. i think its people like you guys who cause new people to shy away from the forums and posting their shots for c&c

thanks zeto

OK then technical aspects of the shots, aside from 1 and 2 which I already gave you.

#3 - Distracting background, obviously no thought put into composition or location. Subject is too centered. Focus appears to be okay, but since you're supposed to focus on the eyes and you can't see them its kinda hard to tell.

#4 Pretty much same as #3. Focus looks good.

Those photos are what you call snapshots. Generally, you take them and look at them and go 'oh cool funny expressions' and don't post them on the internet asking for pointers on compositional technique and photographic merit, because clearly you didn't think about these things before you took the photo.

Also, don't get offended when you ask for c&c or you'll most likely find yourself depressed and not wanting to come back.

Fokker gave you honast cc and he is right. The first guy was kind of ignorant but right none the less lol.

ok thats all that had to be said. but "those are retarded" and "this doesnt even deserve c&c" are like woah, what did i do? the main thing i was doing with these shots was testing my home-made flash reflector to see if i could get some decent lighting indoors with the pop up flash.