C&C my photos please

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Marissa.k1995, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Marissa.k1995

Marissa.k1995 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Our cat maggie got outside and became pregnant, it was an accident. But anyhow here are a couple pictures of Gavin one of the kittens and Stubbie my cat. Gavin got his first bath, in these pictures he is drying off. Thanks in advance ;) C&C please. By the way Gavin is 4 weeks old. Oh and I am using my moms DSLR in these photos, Im trying to learn how to use it still. I am on the A mode.

Stubbie
    [​IMG]

Gavin
    [​IMG]

Gavin
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  2. Morpheuss

Morpheuss TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    the second 2 are the best. I like the third one the best. I think the first one is a little to close up and without the cats eyes open i would have taken a full body shot of the cat to show it sleeping

3. Neil S.

Neil S. TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I feel that #1 is framed much too close. You can't even see the full mouth or eyes.

Composition is very important to good photos, and I will admit that I struggle myself with it sometimes.

I like #3 a lot. Very cute.

#2 I feel is just a "framed too close" version of #3, with part of an ear cut off.

Hope this helps.

4. minister

minister TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I also agree first is too close ,

and I like to see other two in color as this would have capture more cuteness, in B/W they look dull

5. Marissa.k1995

Marissa.k1995 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the critique, I do admit that the first two are cropped close. I wouldn't have cropped it as close in the first photo, but if I did not there was a ugly background and light was coming through the window making harsh light on his body. Next time I will not crop it as close. :D