C&C my wild life shots (Gorrillas, meerkats, and more...)

What would you recommend for sharper points of focus?

Thank you!

I would definitely take a tripod... the one thing I'm always bad about, too. BUT you will certainly notice that your photos turn out much sharper when you use a tripod.

I don't know if i would call animals the zoo "wildlife".

They're not domesticated like cats, horses, dogs, or many birds, but they're definitely not in anything that even slightly resembles their natural environment and they don't hunt for food anymore.

i dunno... I have a thing for people who shoot pictures of caged animals and pawn it off for wildlife photography. It's cheap and tacky and about as bad as going to one of those hunting reserves where the customer pays for whatever size of animal they want to shoot than drive them up in a land rover 20 feet from the animal and say "go for it".

Where's the sport in that?

What would you recommend for sharper points of focus?

Thank you!

I would definitely take a tripod... the one thing I'm always bad about, too. BUT you will certainly notice that your photos turn out much sharper when you use a tripod.

Or a monopod at the very least. When shooting, you can brace the mono against a railing for stability, and then sling the camera over your shoulder and you have a walking stick.

They're not domesticated like cats, horses, dogs, or many birds, but they're definitely not in anything that even slightly resembles their natural environment and they don't hunt for food anymore.

i dunno... I have a thing for people who shoot pictures of caged animals and pawn it off for wildlife photography. It's cheap and tacky and about as bad as going to one of those hunting reserves where the customer pays for whatever size of animal they want to shoot than drive them up in a land rover 20 feet from the animal and say "go for it".

I fully agree on this one. If someone hadn't said it, I was going to. With people who do wild-life photography, this touches a button. I have no problems with zoo photography at all... it gives you an opportunity to see and shoot animals you will likely never get to see, but say so...

If I could go out in a field and capture a shot of a meerkat or ape, I would. But since I live in california, and those animals are not wandering around, I had to travel to the wild animal park. I got shots of animals I probably will never see in the wild. I would rather not take pictures of housecats or dogs, ya know what I mean? Photography is not a sport, more like art, and I was just practicing. No harm in that.

Here is a shot of the parrot, with a sharper focus on the eye.
IMG_2912.jpg

they are soft

I agree.

For the OP, focus on the eyes......ALWAYS. ;)

If I could go out in a field and capture a shot of a meerkat or ape, I would. But since I live in california, and those animals are not wandering around, I had to travel to the wild animal park. I got shots of animals I probably will never see in the wild. I would rather not take pictures of housecats or dogs, ya know what I mean? Photography is not a sport, more like art, and I was just practicing. No harm in that.
I understand completely, and there's nothing wrong with taking pictures at the zoo, it's just not wildlife.

I understand completely, and there's nothing wrong with taking pictures at the zoo, it's just not wildlife.

I feel ya, I was thinking the same thing while I was there.

Most reactions

Back