C&C needed.....so get in here.

burnws6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
(I am aware of the annoying strands of hair in her face. I will be editing that shortly.)

DSC_1570copy.jpg

DSC_1744copy-1.jpg

DSC_1635copy.jpg

DSC_1809copy-1.jpg

read the rules and post smaller sizes

number two is the my fave of the bunch - the lighting is nice imo, the eyes sparkle, and nice smile

Anyone else

I don't know a whole lot about portrait photography and I'm viewing these on an uncalibrated monitor, but I would have to say the lighting is very nice for children. The focus on the eyes seems very clear and sharp. I like them.

I like all of these except for number three, and the only thing I think that is wrong with that one is the lighting and focus isn't quite as nice, but even with all of that, its a neat expression and overall not bad at all.
The others are quite nice! I like your catch light, although I can tell its a soft box, and I enjoy that they aren't all vertical.

good work.

i like 2&4 best. With 1, the hair isn't as distracting as her expression, she looks like she's just been startled. And thelighting is pretty flat in 3.

2 has a nice facial expression and is framed nicely, and 4 is cute and has good focus on the eyes.

I guess my only comment since I am no pro or a portrait photographer...is that I don't find the hair on her face in #1 annoying, but cute and so much a part of her.

I like all of these except for number three, and the only thing I think that is wrong with that one is the lighting and focus isn't quite as nice, but even with all of that, its a neat expression and overall not bad at all.
The others are quite nice! I like your catch light, although I can tell its a soft box, and I enjoy that they aren't all vertical.

good work.
Thank you and its a
28'' Westcott Softbox

i like 2&4 best. With 1, the hair isn't as distracting as her expression, she looks like she's just been startled. And thelighting is pretty flat in 3.

2 has a nice facial expression and is framed nicely, and 4 is cute and has good focus on the eyes.

I know one has a more dramatic pose. I kind of like it. And yes 3 is flat because my reflector was too close to her face.

I guess my only comment since I am no pro or a portrait photographer...is that I don't find the hair on her face in #1 annoying, but cute and so much a part of her.

I wish I could ignore it that easy. It bothers the living crap out of me.

The subjects are CUTE! =)

As for the photos, I think these are great! =) #2 is EXCELLENT! My only cc is for #4...I prefer the catchlights to be in the upper half of the eye, like 2:00 or 10:00.

The outdoor ones are too centered...try to remember the ROT to make them look more like portraits and not so much like snapshots.

The subjects are CUTE! =)

As for the photos, I think these are great! =) #2 is EXCELLENT! My only cc is for #4...I prefer the catchlights to be in the upper half of the eye, like 2:00 or 10:00.

The outdoor ones are too centered...try to remember the ROT to make them look more like portraits and not so much like snapshots.

True that. Higher catchlights would have probably made those shadows go away as well.

And wow, ROT. It's amazing the things you forget to do when you're on a shoot. lol Good advice.

ROT. It's amazing the things you forget to do when you're on a shoot. lol Good advice.

yeah...especially with kids running around! =P

I knew I had a good one. lol ROT!

DSC_1477copy.jpg

Most reactions

Back