C&C on 4 Pics Please :o)

wot_fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had the opportunity to use a Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens yesterday. I liked the lens a lot. The weight and the push-pull zoom take a little getting used to though. I think I will get one when I can afford it :sexywink:.

Below are some of samples. I would appreciate any C&C. Thanks.

(Thumbnails at bottom link to higher resolution versions)

#1 f/5.6 1/100 ISO 800 400.0mm

#2 f/5.6 1/60 ISO 800 275.0mm

#3 f/5 1/125 ISO 800 235.0mm

#4 f/5.6 1/200 ISO 800 400.0mm

Really good photos man. 1 and 2 seems like they need just a touch more saturation.
I really like the reflection in number four and his expression. He seems just a tab bright though. But good captures overall.

Oh and dont worry about not getting many critiques on these. People just post alot of duck and geese photos, so they dont get critiqued much anymore.

Thank you for the feedback. As you probably guessed, I am really new to photography. My PP skills are severely lacking ;). I did make some adjustments to these shots, but I was hesitant to do much for fear of making them look over processed. I will play around a little more with these based on your suggestions.

I agree that number four is bright. I over exposed the shot :blushing:. The beak, the feet and the head were blown out. I adjusted the exposure quite a bit using Aperture (thank goodness for RAW) to bring back the detail. I was afraid I had already adjusted the photo too much. I will see what I can do to darken it some more.

Thanks a lot for your comments. It really helps to hear another opinion :wink:.

Most reactions

Back