C&C on a couple of shots

First one is neat - I think its the diagonal lines that make it appealing.

Second one I am not a fan of. Selective colouring doesn't enhance the picture in any way, plus you cannot see her face at all.

#1 I like the lines, and I like the blue highlight on the edge of the building. But I think the image is too saturated. Overall, the balance of the colors is wrong. The bottom is too dark, the greens and yellows are harsh.

#2 I really like the angle, and I like the detail of the rocks on the ground. I don't think the selective coloring adds anything important to the image, but it is fun and important to try new techniques. The shadow on her face is unflattering.

I like the idea of the first one.. But seems to be a bit over saturated. The reds on the building are too "rich".. and the whites on the building are distracting and take away from the picture.

2: I think the picture would have looked better, solid BW

Here is the original, unprocessed, uncropped (but lower resolution) of #1:

#2 might of been more interesting if you had her whole shadow in on the image and used that to help the composition. While its not a portrait, due to her face being hidden, doing more with an image, shadows and background can still make it interesting

bigtwinky, I agree on #2. Unfortunately this one was completely on the fly, she walked past and I grabbed the shot quick. Once she realized I was taking a picture she ripped the hat off her head and started yelling "No MORE pictures!" Unfortunately it was the best one I could get with the hat.

I'm Dad, but I'm also Paparazzi.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back