C&C on a few

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by kn4ds, Jan 2, 2009.

1. kn4ds

kn4ds TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    #1... The original of this one was flat, so I cropped, increased saturation and contrast:

[​IMG]

#2... I know this is extensively processed, but I like the effect with the additional grain and sepia tone. This was actually shot today.

[​IMG]

#3... I shot this great egret (that's really its name) today at a local park. Cropped because the rest of the original was nothing but water.

[​IMG]

There's quite a bit of PP on all these, but I think the end result is quite pleasing.

Your comments are appreciated.

2. xtort-

xtort- TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #1 I like. Wouldn't do anything different, except (it could be the shrink) the kid's left eye looks a bit blurry
    #2: While I'm not a big fan of using post processing to heavily modify a photo, I do like what you did.
    #3: This is the sort of image where I feel a lot of processing is acceptable, especially if it helps to recreate the image as you intended to shoot it. The bird is a little overexposed, and you lose some detail because of it, and also consider a more interesting and closer crop, but good work overall.

3. dtornabene1

dtornabene1 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think the DOF (depth of field) is too deep on the first one. I would like to blure the background more and focus attention on the child's face.

I'm not a fan of pictures of a forced antique nature in general. Therefore, I will leave the second picture alone.

The third is a great shot. I do think, however, the more cropping is in order. I would get rid of more of the water on the sides.

-Nick

P.S. Always include the shooting specifications on each photograph for the best feedback.