c&c on composite

goodoneian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i made a composite of two pictures i took yesterday, which was my first try at something of this nature and wouldn't mind hearing some opinions and advice from anyone who has more experience in with putting multiple images together, or just anyone in general

please, be totally honest and tell me what you think i could've done better or if it applies, what makes it look fake or obvious it was put together in photoshop

if anyone's curious, the blog link in my sig shows a somewhat step by step of how i did this

Honestly I wouldn't have known! I'm no expert however, but looks really good to me! I'm gonna check out your tutorial.

Looks good Ian. I especially like the strong highlight on the Pballer's helmet and hint of light on his right shoulder. This makes him appear to have been in the strong backlighting from the sun. That we can see him so clearly just makes it appear as if you'd strobed him from camera right, adding fill to his face and front. I also like how his legs disappear into shadow. Very well done.

thank you guys:)

yeah, i think the light on his right side is what really makes it believable for the most part. i do wish i got more rim on is left side though, to make it appear like the sunlight is wrapping around him basically but it works as is i think.

Good job, never would have guessed it was layer an not "real"...

I probably would have tried to think out how you set the light up with different off camera lighting and what not.

At a glance it looks realistic. Once I start thinking about it things change slightly: i.e. how there must have been an off-camera light source otherwise his front would have been much darker/barely visible, and if that's the case then what's the story behind what I'm looking at--which is answered in your blog. The results seem to match your general intent, so well done.

At a glance it looks realistic. Once I start thinking about it things change slightly: i.e. how there must have been an off-camera light source otherwise his front would have been much darker/barely visible, and if that's the case then what's the story behind what I'm looking at--which is answered in your blog. The results seem to match your general intent, so well done.

thank you. and yeah, if it was just natural light he probably would have been just a silhouette, or have very little detail. if i could re do i think i'd light his face less, to make it appear like it was more lit by sun than a flash just about right in front of him

I don't know anything about the process, but for some reason the face really stands out to me and looks photoshopped (like a cutout or something).. The lighting doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, and the hands.. I don't know what exactly it is but something feels so wrong about the right hand..
& given the darkness of the right side, I feel like the sunlight is just too bright and distracts from the image, & contrasts too much, but that's just IMO...

Don't get me wrong though, I love the shot and think it was well done..
Really like the whole idea and the composition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back