C&C on Glass Ceiling Shots

Carolina_Blue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Panasonic FZ50. I took this shots of the ceiling of a garden's visitor's pavilion, shot in RAW, WB Cloudy, ISO 200, f5.6, 1/13. I edited in PSE making slight changes to levels, brightness and contrast. Any other suggestions to improve the shot is appreciated.

ceiling1.jpg

This is one of those shots that almost screams for framing it dead center and using a square crop.

Gorgeous details, but I think the compositional choices detract from the image.

Reminds me of the time I got yelled at for laying down in the middle of the Pantheon. I knew I was going to get yelled at. But it was the only way I could get the shot I wanted. Plus I don't know Italian, so it wasnt so bad. Just gave them that dumb, I don't know why your yelling at me look. :lol:

beautiful tones here, but i agree with rufus...with the symmetry, this shot would be improved by cropping it so.
it's a great shot, i would just consider a symmetrical crop. :D
well done.

Agree with rufus... awesome grab, though.

:lol: to ben's story. I can just imagine the "dumb look" scene. :lol:

Thanks all. Unfortunately, I don't have a shot far enough to take the octagonal frame in full so that I can do a square crop. Cropping this one would lop off most of the details on the side. I'll keep this in mind when I return to the garden, as I'm planning to sign up for an annual membership. BTW, I shot this standing up...I don't think I'll have an excuse for not understanding that I'm not supposed to lay on the ground!:sexywink:

Most reactions

Back