C&C on this photo

BigMcLargeHuge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
oravikmatt.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does this look ok? The barn was draped in shadow so I used the RAW file to try to brighten it a bit.

3544263806_d050171c17_b.jpg

MAYBE CUT THE CONTRAST OR COLOR DOWN A BIT. COLORS ARE REALLY HEAVY, BEAUTIFUL PIC THO

I personally would have liked the sun to be lighting the subject a bit more, instead of shadowing it, but you already mentioned that. I think it was a brilliant placement of the subject though, and wonderful colors.
Just for curiosities sake, what type of lens did you use for that shot?

Ok I'll try to tone the contrast or color down a bit. It's a shame the sun wasn't in the right spot for me. I used my sony's 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 lens.

-Matt.

To me, it looks over saturated, and the barn looks like it was pasted in.

awesome composure!!! I love it and agree its oversaturated. Perhaps if time permitted and if you could revisit and shoot at morning or before dusk when the suns less harsh it would most likely capture what you were looking for with the sun. Depending on how it was situated and how the sun fell would determine what time to re-shoot whether morning or evening if you didnt want to shoot the other side. Great shot tho I like it.

I had the saturation up way high on the first one so I just took it down a bit. I'm still not sure I like it...yet it looks better than the actual photo.
3543786353_52692fd641_b.jpg

-Matt.

Haha it does look like the barn was pasted in. The sun was in exactly the wrong spot for this photo. I do plan on going back at a different time of day. It was a frosty morning, if I was there then it would've looked really cool. Any comments on my touch-up above? I think it looks a little better. Softer even.

-Matt.

I had the saturation up way high on the first one so I just took it down a bit. I'm still not sure I like it...yet it looks better than the actual photo.
3543786353_52692fd641_b.jpg

-Matt.

haha well now that im on my laptop at home i can see that your original photo wasnt half bad. my comp screen at work must be way off. pic looks great, now that you edited it a tad, even better ;)

I like it a lot. I don't think anything else needs to be done, but i'm also an pretty inexperienced. I like everything about it now that the barn is a bit more visible.

Most reactions

Back