C&C on this shot?

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
its not one of my favorites but it was form a rally in support of a local school (photography actually) teacher accused of molesting a girl. he is the man in the picture. just looking for some constructive crits.

thanks

2d97nr9.jpg

With the whole composition tilting CW, the embrace doesn't look mutual. Instead, it looks like he's all over her, almost attacking her. Given the background context, I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Texture, detail and tones look okay, but I think it's unfortunate that DOF isn't shallower in order to better isolate them from the background elements for this moment between them.

Personally, I'd rotate and crop. I don't care about anything below their hands, and Mr. Dominating-the-background on the left side of the composition would get the axe in that process if I were working it.

alright, i tried doing what you suggested. the guy in the background was irking me from the get go lol.

any better?
inxxfo.jpg

hmm tinypic made it look funny

Yeah, from my POV, that's a real improvement over the original, though now I'm wanting a bit more space over his head and a little more inclusion of the hands. ;)

yeah, unfortunately, the original pic wont allow me to do that. oh well, it was never my favorite from the rally, but i just wanted to see what others thought. thanks again

Most reactions

Back