C&C photowalk

GregD

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so this is one of my first threads on this website, looking for some C&C on a couple of photos and guys be as harsh as you want. I am looking to learn and I won't get offended. thanks guys.

Ok so I have my sony a200 for a year now and the last couple of months I got more time to try and improve so every now and again I go on a photowalk to see what type of photos I can get and see how I can improve.

This photowalk is from a place called Cavan in Ireland.

Here is one of the pictures I got of an old house I seen. here is an original aswell as edited and then heavily edited! once again be as harsh as you like and all advice welcome!

1)
4612654820_87a76c70dc_b.jpg

2) first edited
4321053630_b3683379e1_b.jpg

3) heavily edited
4320332973_4788f03ae4_b.jpg

Now in picture no2 above as you can see I've edited out the wires from the top right and I corrected the colours then in picture no2 I made it black and white and darkened some areas.

I'll post more later but here is one of a horse. I have no idea as to what people think of this picture or what to do to make another picture like it better. thanks for reading and I look forward to some comments thank you.

4)
4608462939_747b148005_b.jpg

i like the edited version of the first one...nice contrast. but i can still somewhat see the wires, and there is a weird line going horizontally across the bottom third of the image. it's in all three versions of that photo btw.

i like the edited version of the first one...nice contrast. but i can still somewhat see the wires, and there is a weird line going horizontally across the bottom third of the image. it's in all three versions of that photo btw.

Thanks for the reply, and yeah I noticed that too, was unsure as to wether it was a wire in the distance or maybe on the lense? any other photo I have doesnt have it so I don't think its the lense.

Now here is one other photo I have, that I'd really like some help with.. this picture of the horse I've two versions the original and a black and white.. now the reason I made it black and white is because I personally thought it fitted it alot more than the coloured one as the colours werent exactly strong in the original a little flat, and that as well as the fact that the horse isnt sharp in either picture... is that due to me focusing on the wrong thing?? it looks as though I focused on the foreground grass? would yous agree? and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

4) Horse original

4613060426_81412b7941_b.jpg

5) Horse B&W

4323178568_3ba6af9484_b.jpg

I like the b&w..the horse picture particularly. It's a good choice for both pictures. You could lift a little more of the detail from both conversions - the softly lit hair on the belly of the horse in the second shot and the darker area of the exterior wall (and the bushes/fields beyond in the distance) in the first.

Picture 2 - the scene with the horse is one of my preferred situations for daylight, shot b&w. The ground and fields beyond look great!

I am very jealous of you being in Ireland! I REALLY REALLY want to go there! :) good shots!

The wires and the dust (sensor/lens) screws up your great pictures. <1,2,3>

Other than that I love the first 3. The pictures of horses do nothing for me for some reason....maybe not being able to see the expression in their eyes?

Nice shots, I would clone out the sensor dust spots. You can probably blow that off the sensor with a rocket blower.

I like the b&w..the horse picture particularly. It's a good choice for both pictures. You could lift a little more of the detail from both conversions - the softly lit hair on the belly of the horse in the second shot and the darker area of the exterior wall (and the bushes/fields beyond in the distance) in the first.

Thanks for your comments. When you say lift the detail, do you mean as in sharpen it and adjust the colour and brightness? Sorry if it seems stupid I am a beginner Ha much appreciated.

Picture 2 - the scene with the horse is one of my preferred situations for daylight, shot b&w. The ground and fields beyond look great!

Thanks very much. I agree with you too. Plenty of clouds like that on a sunny day really does make a great picture. I've bought myself a couple of photography magazines on landscape so I can try get that perfect picture and also bought myself a filter for it too.. But cannot remember the word for it at the moment but i'm sure you know the ones. That darken the sky a little. Once again thank you for your comment.

Most reactions

Back