C&C Please...9 various pictures

ACaptain7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1,3,4 and 6 are edited. The rest are not. Please be as harsh as you need to. I can take it, I promise :mrgreen:

I'll be harsh as I need to ;) And I promise it!!! :greenpbl:
I think that you need to some lessons of composition.
Don't be offended, you will press for better shots if you read any books of composition.
With best regards.
Oleg

I have to disagree with the above poster.. I think most of your composition is pretty good (if perhaps a little "cheesy" in some?)
startign from the top
1. NICE. Colors great, good mood, exposure perfect, like it all.
2. Something unnatural about this picture and the sun dead center doesn't work well.
3. Doesn't impress me, slightly boring, moved on to the next pic fast.
4. Also boring
5. Nice. I'd like to see this cropped down to include just the lighted buildings. Not sure if I'd love it then or not, but I'd like to see it.
6 Is nice but a little dark. I gather that if you lighten it, you'll blow out that white though. So, it might be unsavable.
7. does nada for me
8. I like this.. but not overly and not too sure why. I think its cheesy I guess.
9. I like this shot. Not love it but like it alrite.

mmk! not all bad, its just i don't see any originality in your photos, but thats gunna come! not tryin' to be mean or a jerk just helping ya! Google the 1/3 rule of photography! think of it as a tic-tac-toe board, for people of tall objects keep it here x| | or | |x then for landscape 1/3 on bottom or 2/3 with 2/3 sky or 1/3 sky, that prolly makes no sense so just goole "1/3 rule of photography"

I have to agree with elektro and myspacepix. All your compositions are very centered...

You don't have to always follow the "Rule of Thirds", but know the rules before you break them.

As I look at the pictures again, you are both right, I guess I like the center! haha. I will definitely try to keep the rule of thirds in mind in the future.

Out of curiosity, which photo do you think has the most potential?

I will definitely try to keep the rule of thirds in mind in the future.
Out of curiosity, which photo do you think has the most potential?

Sometimes central composition was very opportune.
By the way, the 4th picture might be more and more better if greenery were smaller round the Statue of Liberty.
Use a zoom bravely! ;)

You can still focus on a subject using your window, but not have it all be centered. Sometimes you can get your subject focused to the far left, right, what have you and still work with that. The photos are not bad, and have potential. I liked them, however the composition was repetitive.

Most reactions

Back