c&c please...a few pics

swmocity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
some of these are old,didnt know what i was doing when i first started shooting and editing...i now have a better understanding so i went back and edited them...i used adobe lightroom...im starting to like it better than photoshop
:)

3579291301_6fb47b10f0.jpg

3580144585_b7e75802ae.jpg

3577558064_79e694145d.jpg

3565510824_3dd8ce532f.jpg

3577634394_df7f4e6d8e.jpg

I think number one and four are definitely my favorites from this set. The processing definitely works well. The other photos, while technically alright, just don't peak my interest much.

On another, slightly unrelated note, I think the watermark is hugely distracting. It's really difficult to take in the image with it there, bright and bold, in the top left. I would really consider something more subtle so that the images themselves can speak for you.

i've been watching your flickr. i really dig your style man! from this set i like the first and the 3rd. you got a good eye for peoples photography.

I think number one and four are definitely my favorites from this set. The processing definitely works well. The other photos, while technically alright, just don't peak my interest much.

On another, slightly unrelated note, I think the watermark is hugely distracting. It's really difficult to take in the image with it there, bright and bold, in the top left. I would really consider something more subtle so that the images themselves can speak for you.

i been trying to make a good watermark for the longest lol...im stuck....i dont want nothing to boring and plain....but yet nothing fancy that will take away from the picture like u said

Oh wow #1 is awesome! I want to talk to that little girl and see what she's acting all sassy about, you perfectly captured her expression!

i been trying to make a good watermark for the longest lol...im stuck....i dont want nothing to boring and plain....but yet nothing fancy that will take away from the picture like u said

You have to ask yourself what the point of a watermark is in the first place. Unless the pictures are always specifically marketing material, the logo is never going to add to the image, but it might take away from it. I wouldn't worry about it being boring or plain. Those are vague terms anyway. In fact, if the watermark isn't too plain or boring, it's threatening to distract from the image itself. All you need the watermark to do is alert viewers to the identity of the photographer. That doesn't take much. With enough brand awareness, it could be as simple as a little symbol on the bottom right.

However, I think in this situation I think you could probably take just what you have, drop the word "photography" (since it seems somewhat redundant), and shrink the text by about 50%. If it were me, I'd ghost it some and put it on the bottom somewhere, but it's all personal taste really.

Oh wow #1 is awesome! I want to talk to that little girl and see what she's acting all sassy about, you perfectly captured her expression!
+1 :thumbup:

Well done.
That pic alone made me check out your flickr page. :thumbup:

You have to ask yourself what the point of a watermark is in the first place. Unless the pictures are always specifically marketing material, the logo is never going to add to the image, but it might take away from it. I wouldn't worry about it being boring or plain. Those are vague terms anyway. In fact, if the watermark isn't too plain or boring, it's threatening to distract from the image itself. All you need the watermark to do is alert viewers to the identity of the photographer. That doesn't take much. With enough brand awareness, it could be as simple as a little symbol on the bottom right.

However, I think in this situation I think you could probably take just what you have, drop the word "photography" (since it seems somewhat redundant), and shrink the text by about 50%. If it were me, I'd ghost it some and put it on the bottom somewhere, but it's all personal taste really.

u have a very good point...im learning graphics design as well as photography at the same time...maybe im putting to much "graphics" in the photos...

u have a very good point...im learning graphics design as well as photography at the same time...maybe im putting to much "graphics" in the photos...

Ah, that's probably it. I have that problem all the time. I'll learn a new studio or processing technique and for weeks I end up overdoing it using what I'm learning, until I have to intentionally reign myself in. I definitely know the feeling!

Ah, that's probably it. I have that problem all the time. I'll learn a new studio or processing technique and for weeks I end up overdoing it using what I'm learning, until I have to intentionally reign myself in. I definitely know the feeling!

i made a new watermark... not so much graphics in it...one of the images i cropped more than than other...thats why the watermark look to be a different size

3587488298_7cb7a5876e.jpg

3586679093_55c767f6f2.jpg

Last edited:
I like that much more; the second one especially, the first is still kinda big, I think. If it were me, I'd turn down the opacity a notch, but some people like the solid nameplate. I'm just not really one of those people! :)

The new watermark is much better :) I have that problem too. You want it to deter from stealing but at the same time not detract. I finally got to the point that I have made mine just across the bottom of the image and if they crop it, so be it. They won't be able to print a worthwhile image anyway in a web-ready picture.

The new watermark is much better :) I have that problem too. You want it to deter from stealing but at the same time not detract. I finally got to the point that I have made mine just across the bottom of the image and if they crop it, so be it. They won't be able to print a worthwhile image anyway in a web-ready picture.
love your photos...im now following u on blogspot

love your photos...im now following u on blogspot

Thanks so much!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back