C&C please... Close up/Macro pet parrot

FeatherMonkey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been rating some photo's as I seem to be doing too much pp put these up with very little looking for C&C and hints at what pp I should be looking at. All have had some camera defaults applied and some have have had cropping maybe light graduated density filter.

A couple of thoughts on them in title/link

Close up of eye by fm0nk3y, on Flickr

Straight on nice catch light by fm0nk3y, on Flickr

Snoozing... Backround distracting low pass blur and cropping by fm0nk3y, on Flickr

Preening .. blue tinge .. annoying? by fm0nk3y, on Flickr

Monochrome clipping tail and eye colours.. by fm0nk3y, on Flickr

Less blue, slightly distracting background by fm0nk3y, on Flickr

Done some spot removal, but pretty much untouched, complimentary background tempted to leave alone pp.. by fm0nk3y, on Flickr

Many thanks in advance
Stef

good shots but they all seem a touch underexposed.

Well first thing I notice is the white balance, as in some your parrot looks grey but he looks blue in two of them. Maybe he was just pining for the fijords ;)

I think 5 is the most interesting shot. So personally I'd crop it tight to maximise the difference between the greys and reds (mibbies I'd rotate it too to get the head and tail diagonally opposed). Other than that I'd just do some light processing by bumping up the exposure, a slight contrast boost, sharpening and a touch of noise reduction.

Braineack thanks think my fear of over exposing and trying to get the iso down is having an impact.

weepete thankyou I noticed than I can only guess the auto went more into the bluish tones for some reason. Beyond a different part of the room 7 was shot 20 mins later with similar settings. Have to admit quite drawn to 5 myself I quite like the monochrome look which seems strange as they are predominantly variants of greys.

I like the 2nd one the best. Nice series.

Love 3 great focus and comp. like 5 also, red feathers add so much. Ed

Most reactions

Back