C&C Please...Dragonfly

Barking Mad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.abritandabit.typepad.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am deathly terrified of these things and decided if I could get a decent up-close shot, I might not be so scared of them. Yeah I know, they're harmless to humans. And now that I've had a chance to look at the big googly-eyed beastie, he's actually quite pretty. But I still wouldn't want him to land on me.
2851605123_e616898c68_o.jpg

Anyhow, I know this bad boy is over-saturated and I cropped the hell out of it because someone had thrown a bottle in the bush on the right of the picture and when I uploaded it, the Budweiser label was too distracting.
So, whatcha think?

set-72157607151756962
Sony a100
75-300 lens

Last edited:
The bright greens and red are way too distracting...they're pulling all the attention to themselves and the dragonfly is totally all but forgotten. Might have worked if the greens and red wasn't there. I like the diagonals of the branches.

The bright greens and red are way too distracting...they're pulling all the attention to themselves and the dragonfly is totally all but forgotten. Might have worked if the greens and red wasn't there. I like the diagonals of the branches.

Really?

Wow. That's disapointing because the species of dragonfly we get around here are attracted to sea rose bushes and that's where you're likely to get the best shots. I did pp the image with less saturation but the dragonfly wasn't as vivid.

*sigh*

Most reactions

Back