C&C please, nature (but not in the wild)

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by melrose09, Jan 21, 2010.

1. melrose09

melrose09 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    These were just some of the shots I took at the National Aquarium in Baltimore this past weekend on our 'minimoon.' I didn't have a tripod, so for the waterfall I had to tip the camera from the railing and stick my hand under it for some stabilization.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HikinMike

HikinMike No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you crop about 1/4 off the top, making it into a pano format, that would emphasize the eyes and the 'lurking under the water' look.

3. I'm new to photos

I'm new to photos TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    wait do u live in bmore now? and i don't understand the 2nd or the 1st for that matter there are no crocs at the aquarium?

4. melrose09

melrose09 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Good call hikinmike. I haven't done any PP, yet. GIMP takes about 8 minutes to open on this computer, so I just get frustrated.

I'm New - I was in the DC area visiting family and going on our little honeymoon, but I live in WA. And they do have a freshwater croc in the new Australia Exhibit...which is AWESOME

5. I'm new to photos

I'm new to photos TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    damn i live right next door to the aquarium *exageration to the max* but i didn't know that I think I may go for a visit when I get paid. and i hope you did something fun on ur honeymoon cause this area blows

6. HikinMike

HikinMike No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I was bored and Photoshop was running...

[​IMG]

7. melrose09

melrose09 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The aquarium was the main reason we went there. We were only there 2 nights. I used to work at Marineland in St. Augustine, FL before we moved out here to WA and he knew I missed the dolphins.

But anyway, definitely go! There are so many things to take photos of, it's almost crazy! :) I tried for a long time to get a shot of the big sharks, but didn't luck out :( I didn't take a lot in the rain forest, either because they were misting the area when we went through and didn't want to risk damaging the camera. anyway...go go go!

8. AG74683

AG74683 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Man, Baltimore is FUN! I went up there for the 4th of July to see my brother and had the time of my life. Saw Oriole Park at Camden Yards (the WHOLE thing, "backstage" and everything"), went to a ton of bars and actually was able to walk back home, had great food within site of the apartment...great times. My brother lives in the Canton area.

Always wanted to go to the aquarium, its supposed to be spectacular! I always end up on one of the boats in the Inner Harbor. Last time it was the Constellation (I believe this was the name of the boat).

The photoshopped first photo is great! The second photo I cant quite figure out. Interesting perspective.

9. melrose09

melrose09 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah, it's the Constellation. They have the sub by the Aquarium now, too. I really wanted to go on it because my husband is a navigator on P3s which are planes that seek out subs and I though it'd be cool to see what he looks for, but they were closed.

Anyway, the second photo is the waterfall in the Australia exhibit. I have some shots from around the harbor I might post on here eventually, too.

10. AG74683

AG74683 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ive been on the sub. It was pretty cool. BUT, thats definitely not what subs your husband is looking for on that Orion :mrgreen: