C & C PLEASE! Which is better?

butterflygirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbymcdonald.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Really just wondering which flower pic I should give to my mom for a present - Took a whole bunch, now I can't decide :lmao:

C & C always appreciated!

PeonyDP1.jpg

PeonyDP.jpg

PeonyDP3.jpg

PeonyDP4.jpg

IRISDP.jpg

#2 and #4 really stand out as the best

thought stealer..lol...
i agree...i also like thise two the best...

if i had to choose only one..then i'd go for number 2 :wink:

Well, no help here in your decision-making, since I much prefer the last to all the other ones. To my mind, composition of that one is best --- but I personally am not overly happy with the lamp light you used. The white balance seems a bit off in all of them. Am I wrong about it :scratch: !?!?!

but I personally am not overly happy with the lamp light you used. The white balance seems a bit off in all of them. Am I wrong about it :scratch: !?!?!

Hmm, I don't know. Anyone have any thoughts on this? What can I do to make them better?

Thanks everyone for your votes! It helps a lot! I have such trouble deciding! :sexywink:

butterfly girl... Hi !! ok, first I would like to see the whole flower in the compositions.... not being rude , but the lighting just kills these shots, and color.... When you isolate a single flower for a pic, the entire flower should be in focus... if you had a group ( 3) blur effect works better then,,, but solo flower should be sharp and crisp...

I put up a post on this forum, called Window Lighting, I hope you will give it a look and see how WINDOW LIGHTING can work.... it's a shot of a flower.. please check it out , its easier to explain if you do...

but you may want to give that a try...

I disagree with the above post. I think it looks very effective when you crop single flowers, and use a shallow depth of field. If you can get an image of the stigmata in focus and the rest outof focus, it can look really good.
Window lighting is a good idea, but I also like these with the lamp and the black bg.
If you are worried about your white balance, switch it to manual and set it against a plain piece of white paper held in the light source you are using.

BTW, I like 2 and 4 the best. 2 slightly edges it if I had to choose.

neogfx..... crop yes... certain crops without doubt are attractive,,,,I should say, there is no rule to shooting flowers.. so lets re put this lol.. It's my preference, when shooting a single flower to put the entire flower in focus..now if you are shooting Macro, well understandable , not always possible.... if you are shooting a single flower, and say a butterfly on it, well then yes, more focus on butterfly... or single flower highlighting stamen. or pistol, well again emphasis on just that...

so again, my preference , if i am shooting ONE flower, ONE, I want it in the frame, and in focus.... as I said, no rules here, there are some very cropped, SOFT focus single flower shots that work as very artsy... these above are not portrayed in that manor due to the lighting, and each of them also, was tried to be put into sharp focus...

ι liкє пůмвєя ғǿuя

2 is my favorite...love the water droplets!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back