Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
please excuse the giant amounts of noise :grumpy: it was beyond my control
photoshopping was just curves and cropping
3ced9d66.jpg

6a8ea6f2.jpg

f9706cf8.jpg

6363a89e.jpg

Unless you are trying for a very specific effect which I can't see, I'm afraid there's little to comment upon. The noise in them is extreme, they appear softly focused at best, under-exposed and generally lacking in interest. Now, with that said, i suspect the reason for the apparent soft focus is in fact camera shake due to slow shutter speed. Your EXIF data reveals shutter speeds between 1/4 and 1/15 of a second. Far too slow unless you were using a tripod.

I like the fact that you were shooting these in manual but I think perhaps a little better understanding of how the settings work is in order. With respect to the issue of shutter speed, 1/60 is generally considered the slowest speed at which you want to hand-hold unless you absolutely have to go lower. 1/30 is the absolute limit.

So, what now? My suggestion would be to go back and try these exact same (or as close as you can get) shots in auto, see what they look like, and then re-shoot them yet again in manual modes, experimenting with the different settings. Remember, digital film is cheap, and practice costs nothing but time.

Good luck- looking forward to more.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

^^^ He said it best. I like your vision, but the quality of the photos are poor. One thing that I told my brother in law is that you might want to try taking photos of one specific type (for example - indoor photos under low light conditions) and once you master taking photos under those types of conditions, then move on to something else, like capturing moving objects, etc.

With some practice and a little guidance, I think you can start taking pretty good pics... FWIW, I like the second and the last photos... You cant lose with B&W shots, except if your ISO is too high...

Most reactions

Back