C & C Please!!

M4L

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
music4for4life.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey! Took this in Colorado with my macro filters! A cheap remedy to buying a macro lense! :)

C & C please!

3193049336_2aec55a7ef_o.jpg

Love the color. It looks a little out of focus on my screen?

focus is a little off, but like the colors.

I feel it's OOF too or suffering from slight camera shake.

The blown out stuff behind the flower is really distracting...my eyes keep going to those areas instead of staying with the flower.

I feel it's OOF too or suffering from slight camera shake.

The blown out stuff behind the flower is really distracting...my eyes keep going to those areas instead of staying with the flower.

I have the same thoughts. The flower does seem out of focus and the blow outs are distracting, taking away from the image.

I know I'm being picky, but the part of the leaf on the right of the flower (camera left) is distracting as well as the vein is leading right into the flower.

While no expert, I would assume doing macro work is harder and you need to be more meticulous (sp?) about all the little details that are so easily overlooked.

For the record....
I think this is a dandelion...a weed, not a flower.
Although I could be wrong. It's happened before.

For the record....
I think this is a dandelion...a weed, not a flower.
Although I could be wrong. It's happened before.

Weed or not it still has a flower on it. It is out of focus. There could be any number of reasons why. What was the setup for this shot? Were you using a tripod? What lens? What were your settings? Macro photography is a pain at times. I almost always use a tripod when doing macro work. I also always used my self timer on 2 seconds (until I bought a remote release) to reduce the camera shake issue.

ha yeah I'm seeing the out of focus now. But I used Macro Filters and no tripod, this was more of just a quick snapshot than prepared. But yeah I agree it's a little too out of focus.

ha yeah I'm seeing the out of focus now. But I used Macro Filters and no tripod, this was more of just a quick snapshot than prepared. But yeah I agree it's a little too out of focus.

Macro is tough but a lot of fun stick with it. Also if you really like it look at getting a lens that will shoot macro pictures as the results will be much better than those you get with the filters.

Really? So it is a noticeable difference? Yeah I've been meaning to ask... have you had first hand experience with both?

You will definitely see the difference with a dedicated macro lens. I absolutely love my Canon 100mm f2.8. You really do need to try and use a tripod. I also use mirror lock-up and remote trigger. A macro ring flash is a nice touch also. As you can see, macro photography is not only addictive, but expensive too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back