C&C please...

MrsB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It this out of focus?

How about the lighting...color....

Maybe too dark....I didn't want to use the flash...
But I think I kinda light the warm color.

IMG_1138.jpg

Thanks!!

It looks soft ... but you were shooting at 1600 ISO so it will lose something.

Did you want to set the white balance manually to get that incandescent (amber) colour tone ?

Actually that wasn't what I was going for, I wanted the picture to come out brighter, but the flash would make it too bright...not sure what I should've done...

Have you tried to shoot in Manual and then see if you can control how bright the flash makes the image is by playing with the aperture and shutter settings?

You could also try to diffuse the pop-up flash by covering it with something like tracing paper.

The picture does seem to have a orange/yellow color cast. Did you shoot this in JPEG or RAW?

Yes, I did take the picture in Manual and tried playing with it a bit, but, maybe because it was inside I had a hard time getting it to come out a bit brighter/whiter?
I used
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/8
Av( Aperture Value ) 4.5
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 1600

What should I have done? Thank you so much!!!

Yes, It's JPEG

Yes, I did take the picture in Manual and tried playing with it a bit, but, maybe because it was inside I had a hard time getting it to come out a bit brighter/whiter?
I used
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/8
Av( Aperture Value ) 4.5
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 1600

Yes, It's JPEG

You could've used a wider aperture. And don't go so far with the iso.
btw, nice cat ;)

I used
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/8
Av( Aperture Value ) 4.5
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 1600

Yes, It's JPEG

Your shutter speed is way too slow. You should always have it at 1/60 or faster when shooting handheld. Your ISO should be around 400, even shooting indoors. Otherwise, you'll start to lose the quality in the photo. But I think the softness is from the slow shutter speed. Hope that helps.

Thanks guys, yes, it all helps a lot :)

I'm starting to pick up on what shutter speend or apperture use...still a bit complicated, but I'm putting time and love into it ;)

Thanks for the comment about the cat. Midnight is my baby :)

Using a flash would have helped a lot. My Pentax has a setting where I can under expose if the flash is causing washout by being to bright. The other option would be to use a tool ( such as PS Elements ) to remove the colour caste. I've done a quick edit which I can upload if you wish so you can see the difference.

The other option flash wise is to buy a proper flash. I use a SB20 Nikon and fire it off using a PC lead - works a treat.

Thank you. Using a softaware I was also able to fix the color a bit.

I'm not sure what you meant I can do about underexposing the flash. Thanks a lot though :)

Thank you. Using a softaware I was also able to fix the color a bit.

I'm not sure what you meant I can do about underexposing the flash. Thanks a lot though :)

Same principle as underexposiing a normal shot. I can compencate the flash so it either under or exposes the shot compared to what the camera THINKS it should do. Alternatively you can do it all manually. Let's say with a flash the camera says at f4.5 you need 180th of a second. You know from experience that the flash, at the range you are taking the shot, tends to be too much. So you tell it to under expose 1 stop and it takes it at f8.0 @ 180th with the flash.

Gotcha Katier, tks!

Yes, looks better like that KrisHunt :)

Most reactions

Back