C&C Please

Dylan-Fishman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I feel that this image is ok but is off by a lot and is no means as good as it could've been. I centered the image, but I think it works how it is. Just want TPF's 2 pennies.
Torionfire110.jpg

Yeah that's correct. Having two items in it balanced it out. Anything to work on? I'm sure there are many things.

Well, I guess the whole point of the exercise is working with the candlelight by itself.

You could become more experimental - by wrapping tinfoil around some pieces of cardboard, you could try reflecting some of that light back onto the lid, create a rim light around it so to speak. Or even use a few pieces. See how much light you can get back onto the back rim of the actual candle holder, from the top or top left.

You could try covering the surface with black cloth, see how it works without the reflections.

And/or secure the lid with some putty, so you could move that support out of frame. Hard to see what it is...

Anyway, you're experimenting and playing right? It works as it is. But there are many things which you can try to do differently, or additionally.

I think even waiting till the candle has burned itself to the point where the flame is inside the container, will open worlds of possibilities.

I saw no need for the pentax part. My sig just pokes fun at ken rockwell and his love for nikons.

I centered the image, but I think it works how it is.
I don't think it's centered at all...the main subject is the candle and flame and they're definitely not in the center.

I think you could crop off about an inch from the top of the picture.

Good job.

Oh, what does the color version look like?

Shot that one in black & white :grumpy:.

Most of my B&W pictures are originally shot that way. I don't have the eye yet to know what to convert, but I have the eye to know when it will look good in B&W initially. If that makes any sense at all.

Most reactions

Back