C&C Please

Thomas Countz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
General comments on composition, lighting, anything you see will be greatly appreciated! Also, feel free to ask any questions, and thank you for helping a beginning photographer! :thumbup:

The first 4 were taken with a Canon AE-1 Program :mrgreen:
(5x7 prints were scanned with a flatbed to digitize the images.)

3642244227_024b9ca7eb_o.jpg

3643050912_378bce0087_o.jpg

3642244169_e8f9f1eba6_o.jpg

3643050846_dec3ac673f_o.jpg

These were taken with a Kodak EasyShare C330 Zoom

2391070832_7c634e243f_b.jpg

2351661186_c9abf0eca7_b.jpg

Thanks again! :mrgreen:

I like the lighting and perspective of the second one, but I don't like the tilt. The others are a bit dull due to subject matter and composition.

You've taken pictures of ordinary things in a rather ordinary way. When you shoot these kinds of subjects, see them in a way that people don't often see them. My advice would be to always see things as if you're looking through a viewfinder, and try to think about your shot before you even put the camera to your eye. You're off to a good start though, keep shooting!

Other than how the images were scanned (which you really can't help without a film scanner), I like them. I think the first two do have a unique perspective.

Kudos for staying with film. I don't have the patience for it, but wish I could. It just looks...better no matter how you slice it. The grain, the colors, its so pleasing.

The cathedral has cool colors. Its muted, but the blue is strong enough to grab your attention. The sky is blown out, but that happens on the point and shoots (like mine, grr). They can't mimic all the colors film or a DSLR can, so they just do the best they can which usually means a pale, almost white sky.

In the last photo, his nose is cut off a bit. Maybe include the whole snout, or crop before the nose? I don't know, but it just doesn't seem right the way it is.

Don't like the tilt in #2. It'd be better straight. Interesting shot, though.

I like the church. Where was it and which church?

Did you purposefully compose it like that, or did you not have enough wide angle to get the whole thing in? ;) (I've been there)

Thank you guys so much for the C&C! About the second picture with the tilt, I was trying to be creative :blushing: but I agree with you guys. I put it into gimp and straightened it out and cropped it. I'd keep it that way but the corner is then cut off. Time like this I want to shoot myself for only taking one picture, but that's what you get when you work with film I guess. :meh:

I like the church. Where was it and which church?

Did you purposefully compose it like that, or did you not have enough wide angle to get the whole thing in? ;) (I've been there)

I took that picture with a point and shoot, so it was composed the only way I know how without interchangable lenses.

The church is in Pittsburgh on 6th Ave. Downtown. I forget the name of it.

Most reactions

Back