C&C please

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by c0ps, Oct 11, 2009.

1. c0ps

c0ps TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Heres a few pictures I took on vacation, and some this morning with the fall colors. Any comments appreciated.Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Craig J

Craig J TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think your composition is great is all of these. I sure wish I could see some blue sky. A circular polarizer would of helped.

With #3 try shooting at a time of day where you do not combine light and shadows. Its a great subject.

Craig

3. mooimeisie

mooimeisie TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #1 looks like a beautiful place, but the composition doesn't do much for me as there's too much going on, too many trees, too many reflections. Perhaps cropped a little different to showcase some of the reflections might be more interesting.

#2 is a very nice subject and great colour, but I would have liked to see the whole tree. The shadows in this one unfortunately overshadow the colours of the tree.

#3 I really like this one, but the sidewalk on the lower left and other building at the top are a little distracting.

#4 Beautiful colours and contrast. Good work with a foreground to showcase the background. I would have had a little less of the plant, perhaps just a little on the left with more ocean.

Thanks for sharing.

4. Turnerea

Turnerea TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Beautiful fall colors. In addition to what others have said, I would rotate the first and last so that the horizon is level.

5. DennyCrane

DennyCrane No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I agree on the circular polarizer. The difference it would have made in these shots would be astounding.

A little post processing would really help. Unfortunately, I'm awful at it, but you can get a hint of what I'm going for on #2:
    [​IMG]

6. c0ps

c0ps TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the comments, sure opens your eyes to the flaws lol. Would love to get a circular polarizer but I dont have the lense I really want yet.

Hey dennycrane nice edite on that one. sure makes it pop better.

These shots were taken between 7:30 and 8:00am and the skys looked like they do in the pictures. Out of curiosity what would a circular polarizer have done? improve the colors or make the sky blue?

7. DennyCrane

DennyCrane No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Circular polarizers reduce or eliminate the reflected light off objects... i.e. "glare". It makes washed out skies blue and blue skies as deep a blue as you want. They're adjustable. They simply screw on the end of your lens. It's 2 pieces of glass, one fixed to the lens and the outside a piece that rotates. You can get a basic one at Best Buy or a similar place for probably about $25-$30 Canadian.