C&C please

c0ps

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Heres a few pictures I took on vacation, and some this morning with the fall colors. Any comments appreciated.Thanks in advance.

4000634963_544c1fdf0e.jpg

4000637979_8882820353.jpg

3853867920_9ef4ff505c.jpg

3853036855_d1d6869afd.jpg

I think your composition is great is all of these. I sure wish I could see some blue sky. A circular polarizer would of helped.

With #3 try shooting at a time of day where you do not combine light and shadows. Its a great subject.

Craig

#1 looks like a beautiful place, but the composition doesn't do much for me as there's too much going on, too many trees, too many reflections. Perhaps cropped a little different to showcase some of the reflections might be more interesting.

#2 is a very nice subject and great colour, but I would have liked to see the whole tree. The shadows in this one unfortunately overshadow the colours of the tree.

#3 I really like this one, but the sidewalk on the lower left and other building at the top are a little distracting.

#4 Beautiful colours and contrast. Good work with a foreground to showcase the background. I would have had a little less of the plant, perhaps just a little on the left with more ocean.

Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful fall colors. In addition to what others have said, I would rotate the first and last so that the horizon is level.

I agree on the circular polarizer. The difference it would have made in these shots would be astounding.

A little post processing would really help. Unfortunately, I'm awful at it, but you can get a hint of what I'm going for on #2:
4000637979_8882820353.jpg

Thanks for the comments, sure opens your eyes to the flaws lol. Would love to get a circular polarizer but I dont have the lense I really want yet.

Hey dennycrane nice edite on that one. sure makes it pop better.

These shots were taken between 7:30 and 8:00am and the skys looked like they do in the pictures. Out of curiosity what would a circular polarizer have done? improve the colors or make the sky blue?

Circular polarizers reduce or eliminate the reflected light off objects... i.e. "glare". It makes washed out skies blue and blue skies as deep a blue as you want. They're adjustable. They simply screw on the end of your lens. It's 2 pieces of glass, one fixed to the lens and the outside a piece that rotates. You can get a basic one at Best Buy or a similar place for probably about $25-$30 Canadian.

Most reactions

Back