C&C Please?

Nolan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was out wadding through mud in a local valley and I captured these photos. I am wondering what you think and about them and if you could leave a useful comment or critique. Any input is greatly appreciated.

As for the photos, I was aiming to capture just the sense that your there so you could feel how mucky, muddy and wet the valley is in late december. I think I accomplished this.

4217640068_55c2a43910_b.jpg

Camera: Nikon D90
Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 75 mm
ISO Speed: 200

4217638480_0183ac102e_b.jpg

Camera: Nikon D90
Exposure: 0.01 sec (1/100)
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 25 mm
ISO Speed: 200

I really like the second one more because there seem to be more of a contrast between the trees and sky. Also the second one have the big tree to the left which is like a focal point.

The first photo the sky seem to blend in with the trees a bit in the back and there seem to be no direction for the eye to follow for me. While the second have like a path from the road to those tree that seem to get a bit bigger going to the left to the huge tree.

Thanks for the input guys. I think I am going to attempt the second photo again tomorrow HikinMike, but a little lower to the ground and perhaps a few different angles.

Anyone else have C&C, I would really like to hear from you.

Thanks for the input guys. I think I am going to attempt the second photo again tomorrow HikinMike, but a little lower to the ground and perhaps a few different angles.

Anyone else have C&C, I would really like to hear from you.

Since you are going back AND getting lower, find something interesting in the foreground, maybe a rock or a small puddle. ;)

...also I'd use at least a f/8 next time.

HikinMike I think your right, I can't wait till tomorrow to apply that! Thanks! =)

Most reactions

Back